Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By AJANTA PHARMA LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Met XL 50mg tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure and also helps prevent furth
er complications. It contains metoprolol as an active ingredient having action specific to the heart muscles. Metoprolol relaxes the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and results in decreased blood pressure. You should not abruptly stop taking this medicine, as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure. This medicine should not be used by children below 18 years of age. Side effects of this medicine are dizziness, headache and difficulty in breathing. If these symptoms worsen or do not resolve, contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Met XL 50mg tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredient of Met XL 50mg Tablet.
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart block or uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma or any other lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes.
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are already on certain medications like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide etc.
Side effects of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Met XL 50mg tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Met XL 50mg tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you might be pregnant.
Can I take Met XL 50mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Met XL 50mg tablet passes into the breastmilk in low amounts, thus consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Met XL 50mg Tablet?
Met XL 50mg tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So be cautious while driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Met XL 50mg Tablet?
Alcohol might increase your sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore avoid drinking alcohol while taking Met XL 50mg Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You had any side effect after taking Met XL 50mg Tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, a heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Met XL 50mg tablet should not be used by children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Met XL 50mg tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Met XL 50mg tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed b
y your doctor....
Interactions of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Met XL 50 mg if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are on certain medications like painkillers, anti-tuberculosis medicines, anti-allergic medicines, medicines for erectile dysfunction, heart diseases like digoxin, medicines usedto treat skin cancer, medicines used for brain-related disorders or to induce calmness etc....Read more
- The effect of the medicine used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Met XL 50mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Met XL 50mg tablet at room temperature. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Met Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Excess of Met XL 50mg tablet may cause a decrease in heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decrease in blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels. If you have
taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or visit your nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember that you have missed a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Met XL 50mg tablet dosage regimen regularly.
Do not take an extra dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Met XL 50mg tablet in case of low blood pressure?
A: No, you should not use Met XL 50mg tablet if you have low blood pressure. This medicine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Q: What if I stop Met XL 50mg tablet on my own?
A: You should not stop Met XL 50mg tablet on your own. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose if required. If you stop the medicine abruptly, you may experience symptoms such as chest pain, irregular heartbeats or even a heart attack.
Q: On what basis will the doctor prescribe a dose of Met XL 50mg Tablet?
A: Your doctor will prescribe Met XL 50mg tablet based on your blood pressure, heart rate and your condition.
Q: What should my physician be aware of before prescribing Met XL 50mg tablet for me?
A: You must give an account of your past or present diseases (e.g. liver, kidney or heart-related disorders) to your physician. The physician must also be aware of the medicines, nutritional supplements and vitamins you are currently taking.
Q: Is it safe for diabetic patients to take Met XL 50mg Tablet?
A: Diabetic patients must be cautious before using Met XL 50mg Tablet. It can cause low blood sugar levels and change the body's response to low blood sugar, due to which you may not experience the warning signs of low blood sugar (such as increased heart rate, hunger pangs and sweating).
Q: Is Met XL 50mg tablet a beta-blocker?
A: Yes, Met XL 50mg tablet is a selective beta-blocker, which has its action specific to the heart muscles.
Q: Is it safe for me to take Met XL 50mg tablet if I have asthma?
A: The use of Met XL 50mg tablet is not recommended for patients having asthma. This medicine should be avoided, as it may result in undesired effects.
- Metoprolol 50 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate er tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- Metoprolol 50 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 10 Aug 2021 | 03:11 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved