Meslo 1.2gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Meslo Cr 1.2 G Description
Meslo Cr Tablet contains mesalazine (also called mesalamine or 5-Aminosalicylic Acid) as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis (a condition that causes inflammation
and ulcers in the linings of your large intestines) and also prevents its symptoms from recurring. Mesalazine works by stopping certain substances in the body that may cause inflammation. Meslo Cr Tablet should only be taken after consulting a doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children below 6 years old.
|You Save||₹54.31 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mesalazine / Mesalamine / 5-Aminosalicylic Acid(1.2 G)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ULCERATIVE COLITIS|
- Mosart Od Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 315.00₹ 267.7513% CHEAPER₹ 26.78/Tablet
- Vegaz Od 1.2gm Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 412.50₹ 350.62₹ 35.06/Tablet
- Mesacol Od Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 551.00₹ 468.35₹ 31.22/Tablet
- Mesahenz 1200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 229.00₹ 194.6536.74% CHEAPER₹ 19.47/Tablet
Uses of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
Contraindications of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
- If you are allergic to mesalazine or any other ingredients of Meslo Cr Tablet.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are allergic to salicylates (Diclofenac, aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc).
- If your child is below the age of 6 years.
Side effects of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
- Skin rash, itching
- Chest pain
- Numbness, tingling or pricking sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney related problems.
- You have any lung diseases like asthma.
- You have any problems with your heart (like any allergic reactions).
- You have experienced an allergic reaction while taking sulfasalazine.
- You may develop kidney stones (symptoms like stomach pain, blood in urine) while on treatment with this medicine. Hence you should drink plenty of water.
- Before and during treatment with Meslo Cr Tablet, your doctor may want to monitor the liver, kidneys, blood and lungs periodically.
- Meslo Cr Tablet is not recommended for use in children less than 6 years old.
Mode of Action of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
Interactions of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Meslo Cr Tablet.
- You need to be cautious while simultaneously taking this medicine along with medicines like azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine (used in rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease), thioguanine (used in cancer treatment)....
- This medicine when taken along with blood thinners like warfarin (used to prevent blood clot formation) may decrease the effect of warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
Dosage of Meslo Cr 1.2 G
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Meslo Cr Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Meslo Cr Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Is Meslo Cr Tablet addictive?
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]