Merocrit Vial Of 1gm Powder For Injection
By CIPLA LIMITED
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Merocrit 1 G Description
Merocrit Powder For Injection is used to treat severe and serious infections caused by various infection-causing bacteria. Merocrit Powder For Injection contains meropenem as its active ingredient. I
t is a higher-end antibiotic. Meropenem works by killing bacteria that cause infection. This medicine will be administered under medical supervision. Inform your doctor if you have any other medical conditions or if you are on any other medication or supplements.
|You Save||₹23.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Pain at injection site, diarrhea, nausea, stomach ache|
Check more medicines with composition as Meropenem(1.0 G)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Merocrit Vial Of 1gm Powder For Injection
- Mero 1gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 749.00₹ 711.55₹ 711.55/Number
- Meronem 1gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Astrazeneca Pharma India Ltd1g Powder For Injection in Dry VialMRP 2979.00₹ 2979.00₹ 2979/Gram
- Merotec 1gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd1g Powder For Injection in Dry VialMRP 926.60₹ 926.60₹ 926.6/Gram
- Zaxter 1gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 4670.00₹ 1868.00₹ 1868/Powder For Injection
Uses of Merocrit 1 G
- Merocrit Powder For Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Merocrit 1 G
If you are allergic to meropenem, any other antibiotics or any other ingredients of Merocrit Powder For Injection
Side effects of Merocrit 1 G
Pain, inflammation, swelling, redness at the injection site, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, headache, stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Merocrit 1 G
Can I take Merocrit Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
Merocrit Powder For Injection should be used only if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby.
Can I take Merocrit Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available about the effect of Merocrit Powder For Injection on breastfeeding. Thus it should be used only if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor for further details.
Can I drive if I have consumed Merocrit Powder For Injection?
Merocrit Powder For Injection does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you have a headache, tingling numbness in your hands or legs then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Merocrit Powder For Injection?
There is limited information available about the effect of alcohol of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diarrhoea after taking & during treatment
- You experience an allergic reaction (rashes, itching, swelling, dizziness, breathlessness)
- You have existing liver or kidney disease
- You have a history of fits and other brain problems
- You are on any medications
Mode of Action of Merocrit 1 G
How Does It Work?
Meropenem inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Merocrit 1 G
Merocrit Powder For Injection will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Merocrit 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Merocrit Powder For Injection works, or Merocrit Powder For Injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat blood thinners like warfarin, medicines for brain-related disorders such as valproic acid and medicines used to treat gout such as probenecid.
Storage and disposal of Merocrit 1 G
- Store in a cool dry place. Protect it from light.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Merocrit 1 G
Merocrit Powder For Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Merocrit Powder For Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Merocrit Powder For Injection be used to relieve pain?
A: No, Merocrit Powder For Injection is not a pain killer. This medicine only treats severe bacterial infections.
Q: I have fever, cough and cold, can I take Merocrit Powder For Injection?
A: No, Merocrit Powder For Injection is not for normal infections. It is for serious complicated infections like pneumonia etc. Also, it is not helpful against viruses or flu.
Q: Is Merocrit Powder For Injection an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Merocrit Powder For Injection is an antibiotic.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed