Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
Maxtra P Syrup 60ml Description
Maxtra P syrup is used for the treatment of the common cold and cough associated with fever. It helps in relieving fever, cough, headache, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of the nose and throa
and airways. It is a combination medicine containing chlorpheniramine, paracetamol and phenylephrine as active ingredients. Paracetamol is a pain killer and reduces fever, chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic, while phenylephrine is a decongestant. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed, but it is better to take it at the same time every day. Shake the Maxtra P syrup bottle well, before each use. Inform your doctor if you have any existing medical condition and are on any medication for the same.
|You Save||₹13.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(1.0 G) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(125.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough, cold, fever|
|Side effects||Rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
Contraindications of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of Maxtra P syrup.
- If you have high blood pressure or heart disorder, thyroid problem or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
Precautions and Warnings of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin rashes & allergic symptoms after taking this syrup, discontinue and consult a doctor.
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions.
- You are taking any other medicines containing paracetamol.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism.
- You have heart conditions such as high blood pressure or heart failure problems.
- You have epilepsy and you experience frequent fits and tremors.
- You are suffering from an eye condition of increased pressure inside your eyes called closed-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Maxtra P syrup works by the combined action of its three components- Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for the pain and inflammation and also acts on heat-regulating centres and reduces body heat to control fever.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
- Take Maxtra P syrup as instructed by your doctor
- Shake the bottle well before use
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle
- Read any special instruction on the package
Interactions of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders such as Rasagiline, Methyldopa & Clomipramine, medicines used to relax the airways such as epinephrine, reserpine and medicines used to treat heart conditions like veratridine should be used cautiously....
- Other medicines containing paracetamol or any topical decongestant containing phenylephrine should not be used along with this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
- Store Maxtra P syrup below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxtra P Syrup 60ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Maxtra P syrup safe for patients having high blood pressure?
Q: What precautions should I take when suffering from viral flu?
- Take the medications as advised by your doctor, eat healthy food and consume sufficient water.
- Maintain a safe distance from family and friends so that they don't catch the infection.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or elbow while sneezing or coughing or wear a mask.