Mahacef 400mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Mahacef 400mg Tab is a medicine used to treat various bacterial infections. Mahacef 400mg Tab composition is primarily cefixime, which belongs to the class of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
Uses of Mahacef 400mg Tab
Mahacef 400mg Tab uses include sinusitis, nose infections, ear infections, urinary infections, tonsillitis, pneumonia, and bronchitis.
Contraindications of Mahacef 400mg Tab
Do not use the medicine if you are allergic to cefixime or other medicines that have similar ingredients.
Side effects of Mahacef 400mg Tab
- Stomach ache
- Skin rashes
- Fever, sore throat, headache
- Vaginal discharge
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
- Yellowish discolouration of the skin and eyes
- Reduced urination frequency
- Convulsions (severe allergic reaction)
- Kidney problems (severe allergic reaction)
- Blisters around the lips, eyes, and nose known as Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (severe allergic reaction)
- Peculiar skin rash with a pinkish-red ring and pale centre which may be fluid-filled, or feel itchy (severe allergic reaction)
- Diarrhoea or bloody stools (severe allergic reaction)
- Continuous and severe watery diarrhoea (severe allergic reaction)
Precautions and Warnings of Mahacef 400mg Tab
Can I take Mahacef 400mg Tab during pregnancy?
Unless considered necessary by a physician, Mahacef 400mg Tab should not be taken while pregnant.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
A breastfeeding mother can take the medicine after consulting a doctor
Can I drive if I have taken the medicine?
The medicine can cause dizziness and convulsions, so do not drive if any of these symptoms are observed.
Can I consume alcohol while taking the medicine?
There is no known interaction of the medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease, colitis, or other medical conditions.
Mode of Action of Mahacef 400mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The medicine attacks bacteria and kills them by breaking down their cell walls.
Directions for Use of Mahacef 400mg Tab
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the physician.
- Chew the tablet before you swallow it and drink enough fluids to prevent dehydration.
- It is advisable to take the tablet along with meals or within thirty minutes of the meal.
Interactions of Mahacef 400mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
The medicine may interact with warfarin and other blood thinners. Antibiotics like antacid and ranitidine decrease the absorption of Mahacef 400mg Tab.
Interactions with food items
Mahacef 400mg Tab does not have any known adverse interactions with food.
Other general Interactions
Tell your doctor if you have kidney problems, bleeding problems, allergy to penicillin, or phenylketonuria. These conditions could be worsened or could change the medicine's efficiency.
Storage and disposal of Mahacef 400mg Tab
Keep the medicine away from moisture, heat, and sunlight. It can be kept at room temperature, away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mahacef 400mg Tab
The Mahacef 400mg Tab dosage must be taken as prescribed. If you overdose on the medicine, visit a doctor immediately. Some symptoms of an overdose are nausea, vomiting, and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it when you remember. But if it is close to the time of your next dose, do not take a double dose to compensate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the dietary restrictions to be observed while taking Mahacef 400mg Tab?
A: There are no dietary restrictions to be observed while taking Mahacef 400mg Tab.
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking the medicine?
A: You must inform your physician about your complete medical history, especially if you have any liver or kidney disorders. Women should inform the doctor if they are pregnant or nursing.
Q: Is the medicine safe for children?
A: Yes, children above 6 months of age can be given the medicine as prescribed by a doctor.
Q: Is it possible to develop resistance to the medicine?
A: The body can develop resistance to the medicine if more than what is prescribed is taken.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Suprax 200 mg tablets.
- Brogden RN, et al. Cefixime. A review of its antibacterial activity. Pharmacokinetic properties and therapeutic potential. 1989.
- DailyMed. Label: CEFIXIME - cefixime capsule.
- Mayo Clinic. Cefixime (Oral Route).
- Drugs and Lactation Database. 2006.
- MedlinePlus. Cefixime.
Other Variants for
Mahacef 400mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved