Macpee 25mg Tablet
Macpee 25 MG Description
Macpee Tablet is used for the treatment of urinary retention (difficulty to pass urine) caused due to surgery or delivering a baby. It contains bethanechol as its active medicine that works by increa
sing the tone of the bladder muscle and causing contraction of bladder muscle which helps to pass urine and cause relief of nonobstructive urinary retention. Take Macpee as advised by your treating doctor at the prescribed dose and duration. Before, starting the treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor about all the medical and medication history.
Uses of Macpee 25 MG
Contraindications of Macpee 25 MG
- If you are allergic to bethanechol medicine or any other ingredients of Macpee Tablet.
- If you have any kind of heart disease such as low blood pressure or slow heartbeats.
- If you have pre-existing health conditions such as asthma, overactive thyroid, fits, stomach or bowel ulcer, Parkinson's disease (a brain disorder) etc.
- If you have peritonitis (inflammation of the membrane lining the inner abdominal wall and covering organs inside the abdomen).
- If you had undergone surgery on the bladder or intestines recently.
Side effects of Macpee 25 MG
- Loose motion
- Stomach cramps
- A feeling of an urgent need for urination
- Increase salivation
- Increase sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Macpee 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a heart problem or thyroid disorder or any pre-existing health condition.
- You have a urination problem or bladder infection.
- You have a stomach or bowel problem.
- Your blood pressure is low.
- You have breathing difficulty.
Mode of Action of Macpee 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Macpee 25 MG
- Take this medicine on an empty stomach as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Macpee 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Macpee Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines such as painkillers.
Storage and disposal of Macpee 25 MG
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Macpee 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Macpee Tablet if I have asthma?
Q: Can Macpee Tablet cause constipation?
- DailyMed - BETHANECHOL CHLORIDE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- Bethanechol Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- Bethanechol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- Bethanechol: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Indonesia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]