M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S Description
M-Solvin expectorant tablet is a combination of three active components namely, Ambroxol, guaiphenesin and terbutaline. It is used to treat cough associated with infection in the airway, asthma, shor
tness of breath and lung infections. This medicine helps in removing mucous and reduces breathlessness and cough. Persons who have liver or kidney related problem should use the M-Solvin expectorant tablet carefully. Also, discuss if you have any other underlying medical condition before starting the treatment. M-Solvin expectorant tablet should not be given with any other cough or cold medicine. And if you do not feel any relief and persistent cough along with fever and feel other additional symptoms, stop using it and consult a physician.
|You Save||₹8.41 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Terbutaline(2.5 Mg) + Ambroxol(30.0 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough associated with asthma and chronic bronchitis|
|Side effects||Headache, shivering, muscle spasm, irregular heartbeat|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
Contraindications of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you have any heart condition or prone to heart disorders.
Side effects of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
- Muscle spasm
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have any underlying medical condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, fits, thyroid or other heart diseases.
- You may experience a sudden drop of potassium level in your blood on concomitant treatment. In such situations, the doctor may recommend monitoring potassium serum level closely and ask for specific blood tests....
- You are suffering from a liver or kidney problem.
- You don't feel any relief in symptoms and your cough lasts for more than 5 days, consult a doctor immediately.
- You are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or having any kind of allergies.
Mode of Action of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
- Take the medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- As the M-Solvin expectorant tablet contains different components, any interaction noticed with them when taken alone may happen with this combination. Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are currently taking to avoid any possible drug interactions. Especially if you are already taking other cough medicines....
- Concomitant use of M-Solvin expectorant tablet and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like propranolol should be avoided as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are already taking medicines to treat heart problem and blood pressure-related problems.
- Antipsychotic medicines like phenelzine, selegiline can increase the effect of M-Solvin expectorant tablet when used together, which may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of M Solvin Expectorant Tablet 10'S
- Symptoms of overdose include headache, anxiety, fits, abdominal cramps, irregular heartbeat sometimes drop in blood pressure.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take this medicine during dry cough?
Q: Is M-Solvin expectorant tablet habit forming?
Q: What kind of food should I avoid?
Q: What if one stops taking the M-Solvin expectorant tablet?
- CDSCO. Ambroxol / Guaiphenesin / Terbutaline. [Accessed on 1-Apr-2021](online)
- Webmd. Guaiphenesin. [Accessed on 1-Apr-2021](online)
- Drugs.com. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 1-Apr-2021](online)
- Drugs.com. Terbutaline. [Accessed on 1-Apr-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Brincanyl.[Accessed on 1-Apr-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 1-Apr-2021](online)
- Ciplamed. PI. Cheston plus Syrup [Accessed on 1-Apr-2021](online)