By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
30g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lulican Cream is used to treat fungal or yeast infections of the skin. Lulican Cream contains Luliconazole, an antifungal medicine. It works by destroying the cell membrane of the fungus. Before and after applying this medicine wash your hands and keep the affected area clean and dry. Avoid contact with eye. It should be used as prescribed by your doctor for the defined duration. Lulican Cream should be used regularly to get the optimal benefit. If you experience any unusual effect after applying this medicine contact or reach out to the near by hospital or clinic.
Uses of Lulican Cream
Lulican Cream is used in the treatment of fungal infections of the skin in adults.
Contraindications of Lulican Cream
If you are allergic to luliconazole or any component of Lulican Cream.
Side effects of Lulican Cream
- Local skin reactions at the site of application
- Skin irritation and secondary skin infection
- Itching and burning sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Lulican Cream
Can I apply Lulican Cream during pregnancy?
Safety of Lulican cream in pregnancy is not established. You should consult your doctor before using it in pregnancy to evaluate the benefit and risks. Avoid applying it on the larger skin areas for a prolonged period.
Can I apply Lulican Cream while breastfeeding?
Lulican cream can be used while breastfeeding as the absorbed quantities via the skin is very low. However, it must not be applied on the breast, nipple or nearby area. Care must be taken not to apply on the area which may come in direct contact of the infant skin while feeding or any large skin area for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Lulican Cream?
Yes, Lulican cream is to be applied on the skin on the affected area and does not interfere with your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Lulican Cream?
Alcohol may directly not interact with the action of Lulican cream. However, it can delay healing of infection. Thus one should avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any local allergies after using this cream.
- You should not use this cream for any other ailment except for the one prescribed by your doctor.
- You should not give it to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have.
- This cream should not be applied in eyes or vagina.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream wash your eyes with water immediately and if there are any symptoms, consult your doctor.
- This medicine should not be used for children under 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Lulican Cream
How Does It Work?
Lulican cream works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme in the fungal cell wall. This blocks the formation of a substance called ergosterol which is essential for cell wall formation in fungus. This, in turn, leads to decreased production of ergosterol and prevents the growth of fungus.
Directions for Use of Lulican Cream
- Lulican cream has to be used for external application only as prescribed by your doctor.
- It is not meant for use near mouth, eye or vagina.
- It should be applied to the affected area as a thin film and on 1 inch of skin around the affected area.
- Wash your hands properly after you apply Lulican cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container to the infected area as it may contaminate the cream.
Interactions of Lulican Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- Lulican cream used in a larger amount for a prolonged period may interact with the action of omeprazole (used in acidity).
- You should consult your doctor if you are on any other medicines along with Lulican cream.
Storage and disposal of Lulican Cream
- Store Lulican Cream at room temperature between 20°C to 25°C.
- Keep this cream out of the reach of children and pets.
- Once opened should be used within one month.
- Discard any unused medicine properly and do not throw it in trash or wastewater.
Dosage of Lulican Cream
Overdosage of Lulican cream is rare and no information is available on its overdose. In case you have applied too much of this cream, wipe off the extra cream with a cotton or tissue immediately and if you experience any local symptoms after application, reach out to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you forget to use Lulican cream at the suggested time, use it as soon as you remember & carry on as before. Do not stop this medicine abruptly if you feel better without consulting your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Lulican cream in pregnancy?
A: Its safety in pregnancy is not established. You should consult your doctor before using Lulican cream in pregnancy to evaluate the benefit and risks.
Q: How should I use Lulican cream?
- Use Lulican cream exactly as your doctor tells you to use it
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected skin areas
- Extend the application to about 1 inch of the surrounding skin
- Do not rub the medicine. Wash your hands after you apply Luliconazole cream
Q: How should I store Lulican cream?
A: Store Lulican cream at room temperature between 20°C to 25°C. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Q: How does Lulican cream work?
A: Lulican cream contains medicine named Luliconazole, which is an anti-fungal medicine. It damages the cell membrane of fungal cells and eventually kills them.
Q: Can we use Lulican cream in children?
A: It may be used in children above 12 years of age. Do not use in a child younger than 12 years of age as their skin is very thin and the doses used in adults can not be used in children.
Q: Is Lulican cream suitable for skin allergy?
A: Lulican cream is used for the treatment of fungal skin infection. It is not useful for allergic skin disease. However, it may be used for secondary infections with allergy. You should consult your doctor before using Lulican cream.
Q: Can Lulican cream useful for skin burns?
A: Lulican cream is used for the treatment of fungal skin infection. It is not useful for skin burns.
Q: When to stop Lulican cream use?
A: You must use Lulican cream as per your doctor's advise. Do not use it for more than 2 weeks, if your condition is not improving, consult your doctor.
Q: Can I Use Lulican cream for Athlete's foot?
A: Yes, athlete's foot infection is due to fungus and it mainly affects the areas between the toes. Lulican cream acts against tinea pedis, the fungus causing foot fungal infections.
Q: What are the main causes of Athlete's foot?
A: People who have sweaty foot or wear tight shoes for a long time. It can affect the areas between the toes and can lead to itching, stinging and burning sensation.
Q: Will Lulican cream cure yeast and ringworm infection?
A: Yes Lulican cream can be used to treat both yeast and ringworm infection.
Q: Can Lulican cream cause itching?
A: Yes, Lulican cream can have side-effects, like all other medicines, although these doesn’t affect everyone and are usually mild and go away by their own, if side effects persists or their is no improvement in your condition then inform your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 04:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved