Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets is a combination of Hydrochlorothiazide and Losartan. It is an antihypertensive medicine.
|₹30.94 (14% on MRP)
|Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Losartan(50.0 Mg)
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Losartan(50.0 Mg)
3 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Cosart H Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.80₹ 82.2834.27% CHEAPER₹ 8.23/Tablet
- Losartrue H 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.00₹ 33.1673.48% CHEAPER₹ 3.32/Tablet
- Losium H Bottle Of 30 TabletsBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 313.40₹ 291.4622.36% CHEAPER₹ 9.72/Tablet
Uses of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Treatment of high blood pressure when Hydrochlorothiazide and Losartan alone is not able to control blood pressure
Contraindications of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to sulfonamide medicines such as co-trimoxazole
- If you have a low level of potassium & sodium or high levels of calcium in your blood
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to bile duct (canal connecting liver to intestine) like cholestasis
- If you have kidney disease due to which you are not producing enough urine
- If you have diabetes or kidney problem and taking a medicine for high blood pressure like Aliskiren
- If you have gout
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months
Side effects of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Cough, nasal congestion and sinusitis
- Nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain and indigestion
- Chest pain and tiredness
- Muscle pain, back pain and pain in the legs
- Headache, weakness, dizziness and sleeplessness
- Kidney and liver dysfunction
- Low blood sugar levels
Precautions and Warnings of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
- Components of this medicine is known to cause fetal abnormalities and death. Thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy
- If you are on this medicine and planning pregnancy, inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed
- By any chance, if a pregnant woman takes this during pregnancy, ultrasound of kidney function and skull is recommended
Can I take Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding and especially to a premature baby. It can cause excessive urine production and can affect milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, especially during the start of the treatment or if when the dose is increased. Hence, be cautious while driving or operating any machinery during treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets?
Consuming alcohol will intensify the effects of this medicine and may cause fall in blood pressure which may be harmful. You are best-advised to avoid alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a history of swelling of face, lips, throat or tongue due to water retention
- If you have blocked arteries of your kidneys or recently had a kidney transplant or have only one functioning kidney
- If you experience fainting and giddiness especially after the first dose
- If you are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed
- If you are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis and biliary obstructive
- If your kidneys are not functioning correctly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels)
- If you have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- If you have serious heart valve-related problems like congestive heart failure, aortic or mitral stenosis and ischaemic cardiopathy
- If you are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands)
- If you have diabetes as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed
- If you have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- If you have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose)
- If you develop eye pain and decrease in vision
- If you had any skin cancer or developed any skin lesions
- If you have gout, diabetes, bronchial asthma or any autoimmune diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus
Mode of Action of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure. Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from body, thereby lowering the blood pressure. Both the medicines act by different mechanisms resulting in effective control of blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop this medicine on your own
- This medicine tends to catch moisture and should be taken out from blister just before use
Interactions of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking steroids, antifungals like Amphotericin
- Medicines used to treat depression or other mental conditions like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (Amiloride, Spironolactone) and Trimethoprim
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with Metformin)
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine
- Your blood cell production may be hampered if you take this with medicines like Cyclophosphamide and Methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interferes the way this medicine works
- You may experience anemia if you are taking medicine like Methyldopa
- Concomitant use of Cyclosporin may increase the risk of gout
- You may experience abnormal heart rhythms if you are taking medicine for heart failure like Digoxin
- Medicines which may not be able to work properly due to increased potassium levels which are used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine, Sotalol and Amiodarone
- This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Allopurinol, Atropine, Biperiden and muscle relaxants like Tubocurarine, Cholestyramine and Colestipol
Interactions with food items
Make sure to have a low salt diet because excess salt in your diet may decrease the effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Keep this medicine in the original container to protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets start lowering my blood pressure immediately after I take this medicine?
A: Blood pressure will not start to lower after you start taking this medicine. It will take 3-4 weeks for your blood pressure to be normalized. This medicine is not recommended to be used in patients who have not received prior therapy for high blood pressure and should preferably be used in patients who had exposure to both the medicines as single tablets previously.
Q: Can I use Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets in kidney and liver disease?
A: This medicine can be used at a normal dose in patients with mild to moderate kidney failure (i.e., creatinine clearance is above 30-50 ml/min). However, it should not be used in severe kidney failure or in patients on hemodialysis. Similarly, this medicine can be used but with caution in patients with mild-moderate liver disease. It should not be used in patients with severe liver impairment.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 Tablets?
A: Your blood pressure, kidney function and blood potassium levels need to be regularly monitored while you are taking this medicine. Caution is advised (inform your doctor) if you are undergoing any radiography with iodine contrast media. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.