Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Losar-H tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine. It contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan as active substances. Losar-H tablet is used to manage high blood pressure when it canno
t be controlled using only losartan or hydrochlorothiazide. It works by relaxing the blood vessels and removing more water and salt from the body, which helps to lower the raised blood pressure. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Losar-H tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Along with taking this medicine, it is recommended to make specific lifestyle changes like eating a balanced diet, reducing salt intake, exercising regularly and avoiding smoking and alcohol to control your blood pressure levels. Losar-H tablet should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Cosart H Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.80₹ 82.2842.89% CHEAPER₹ 8.23/Tablet
Uses of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to hydrochlorothiazide, losartan, or any of the ingredients of Losar-H tablet.
- If you are allergic to sulfonamide medicines such as co-trimoxazole. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have a low level of potassium and sodium or high levels of calcium in your blood
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to the bile duct (a canal connecting the liver to the intestine) like cholestasis.
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and you are taking a medicine containing aliskiren.
- If you have gout.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
Side effects of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as heart-related disorder, diabetes, kidney or liver disorder, skin cancer, gout, an autoimmune disorder like systemic lupus erythematosus, etc.
- You develop symptoms like swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue due to water retention.
- You experience fainting and dizziness, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed.
- Your kidneys are not functioning correctly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels).
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose).
- You develop eye pain and a decrease in vision.
Mode of Action of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Losar-H tablet contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan as active substances.
- Losartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a substance called angiotensin responsible for the narrowing of blood vessels and hence causing a rise in blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and the loss of water and salt from the body. This helps to lower blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Losar-H tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way how Losar-H tablet works or this medicine itself might affect the working of other medicines.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as cholestyramine, antidepressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other antihypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Concomitant use of Losar-H tablet and painkillers should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibacterial medicines such as trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts, etc.
Storage and disposal of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Losar-H tablet below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose of Losar-H tablet may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea, and vomiting.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to fluctuations in your blood pressure levels.
- However, if you have missed taking any dose of Losar-H tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Losar-H tablet start lowering my blood pressure immediately after I take this medicine?
Q: Can I use Losar-H tablet if I have kidney or liver disease?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Losar-H tablet?
- Your blood pressure, kidney function, and blood potassium levels need to be regularly monitored while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are undergoing any radiography with iodine contrast media.
- Losar-H tablet should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 October 2022]
- Cozaar - Comp 100/12.5mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 October 2022]
- Cozaar - Comp 100/12.5mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 October 2022]