Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Losar-H tablet is a combination of Hydrochlorothiazide and Losartan, an anti-hypertensive. Losar-H tablet is used to treat high blood pressure when it cannot be managed using single medicine. Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide belong to a class of medicines known as "Angiotensin receptor blocker (ARBs)" and "Diuretics" respectively. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing diuresis, which works synergistically to lower the raised blood pressure. Pregnant women should not take this medicine. Do not stop taking the Losakind H abruptly, as it may cause sudden hypertensive crises and worsen your health further. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor. Visit a nearby clinic or hospital in case of any side effect that worsens or remain persistent....
|You Save||₹41.64 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg),Losartan(50.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, indigestion, muscle pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Losartan(50.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Uses of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Treatment of high blood pressure when Hydrochlorothiazide and Losartan alone is not able to control blood pressure
Contraindications of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to sulfonamide medicines such as co-trimoxazole.
- If you have a low level of potassium & sodium or high levels of calcium in your blood
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to the bile duct (a canal connecting the liver to intestine) like cholestasis.
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and taking medicine for high blood pressure like Aliskiren.
- If you have gout.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
Side effects of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Cough, nasal congestion and sinusitis.
- Nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain and indigestion.
- Chest pain and tiredness.
- Muscle pain, back pain and pain in the legs.
- Headache, weakness, dizziness and sleeplessness
- Kidney and liver dysfunction.
- Low blood sugar levels.
Precautions and Warnings of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Losar-H tablet during pregnancy?
- Components of this medicine are known to cause foetal abnormalities and death. Thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are on this medicine and planning pregnancy, inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
- By any chance, if a pregnant woman takes this during pregnancy, an ultrasound of kidney function and skull is recommended.
Can I take the Losar-H tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use the Losar-H tablet when you are breastfeeding and especially with a premature baby. It can cause excessive urine production and can affect milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Losar-H tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, especially during the start of the treatment or if when the dose is increased. Hence, be cautious while driving or operating any machinery during treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Losar-H tablet?
Consuming alcohol will intensify the effects of this medicine and may cause a fall in blood pressure which may be harmful. You are best-advised to avoid alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as heart-related disorder, diabetes, kidney or liver disorder, skin cancer, gout, an autoimmune disorder like systemic lupus erythematosus, etc.
- You develop symptoms like swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue due to water retention.
- You experience fainting and giddiness, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed.
- Your kidneys are not functioning correctly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels).
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose).
- You develop eye pain and a decrease in vision.
Mode of Action of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin responsible for the narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, thereby lowering the blood pressure. Both the medicines act by different mechanisms resulting in effective control of blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop this medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture and should be taken out from blister just before use.
Interactions of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Losar-H tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as cholestyramine, anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Concomitant use of the Losar-H tablet and painkillers should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts, etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Make sure to have a low salt diet because excess salt in your diet may decrease the effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep this medicine in the original container to protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Losar H Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems.
- If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will the Losar-H tablet start lowering my blood pressure immediately after I take this medicine?
A: Blood pressure will not start to lower after you start taking this medicine. It will take 3-4 weeks for your blood pressure to be normalized. This medicine is not recommended to be used in patients who have not received prior therapy for high blood pressure and should preferably be used in patients who had exposure to both the medicines as single tablets previously.
Q: Can I use the Losar-H tablet for kidney and liver disease?
A: Losar-H tablet can be used at a normal dose in patients with mild to moderate kidney failure (i.e. creatinine clearance is above 30-50 ml/min). However, it should not be used in severe kidney failure or in patients on hemodialysis. Similarly, this medicine can be used but with caution in patients with mild-moderate liver disease. It should not be used in patients with severe liver impairment.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using the Losar-H tablet?
A: Your blood pressure, kidney function and blood potassium levels need to be regularly monitored while you are taking this medicine. Caution is advised (inform your doctor) if you are undergoing any radiography with iodine contrast media. Losar-H tablet should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 Aug 2021]
- Cozaar - Comp 100/12.5mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Cozaar - Comp 100/12.5mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.