Losar A Tablet
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Losar A Tablet is a combination medicine. It contains a combination of Losartan and Amlodipine as the main ingredient. Losar A Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the blood vessels and making the blood flow easier. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and if not treated on time can damage many other organs including kidneys, heart and brain. Thus it is very important to take this medicine on time to control your blood pressure better. Along with this making few lifestyle modifications such as limiting salt & alcohol intake, maintaining a healthy weight, avoid smoking and exercising regularly can help you control your blood pressure better....
|You Save||₹37.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Losartan(50.0 Mg),Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Losartan(50.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Losar A Tablet
Uses of Losar A Tablet
For the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension.
Contraindications of Losar A Tablet
Known allergy to Losartan and Amlodipine or any ingredient of this medicine. If you are allergic to similar medicines such as Nifedipine, Verapamil, Telmisartan and Valsartan, etc. If you had an allergic reaction involving painless swelling or different parts of the body following administration of similar medicines. Do not take Aliskiren (used for the treatment of high blood pressure) along with this medicine....
Side effects of Losar A Tablet
- Feeling sick
- Abdominal pain
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Losar A Tablet
Can I take Losar A Tablet during pregnancy?
Losar A Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine, it should be discontinued immediately. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause damage to the growing foetus.
Can I take Losar A Tablet while breastfeeding?
Discuss with your doctor if you are breastfeeding while taking this medicine. Due to lack of safety information, it should be avoided during pregnancy and a safer treatment alternative should be considered. Breastfeeding to premature babies and newborns are not recommended while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Losar A Tablet?
Blood presssure-lowering medicines can cause dizziness or drowsiness, especially during initiation of treatment or when the dose is increased. Avoid driving if you experience any of such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Losar A Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic episodes that include swelling after consuming this medicine.
- You have a kidney or liver function problem.
- You have been told that you have abnormal levels of salt or electrolytes or recently had excessive diarrhoea and vomiting.
- You are taking potassium supplements or medicines that can increase the levels of potassium in the body.
- You have any other health condition or taking medicines or supplements.
- You are pregnant or may be pregnant, inform your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Losar A Tablet
How Does It Work?
Losar A Tablet works by the combined action of its two components. Losartan is a medicine that belongs to the class of angiotensin receptor blockers. It works by blocking the production of natural substances in the body responsible for the constriction of blood vessels. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker....
Directions for Use of Losar A Tablet
- Take Losar A Tablet as prescribed by your doctor with or without food.
- Try to take this medicine preferably at the same time every day for better control of blood pressure.
Interactions of Losar A Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines should be used carefully with Losar A Tablet as it can lead to an excessive drop in blood pressure.
- Medicines that increases the levels of potassium in the body including some water pills (spironolactone, amiloride) and potassium supplement should be used cautiously.
- Medicines containing lithium, used for mental disorders if taken along can lead to increased levels of lithium in the body and increases the chances of getting side effects. Regular monitoring of lithium levels in the body is advised....
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Losar A Tablet can be reduced by concomitant use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Aliskiren, a medicine used for high blood pressure if taken along can lead to reduced blood pressure, faintness, loss of consciousness and can also affect kidney function. Hence, it should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Losar A Tablet
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30ºC, protected from light and moisture. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Losar A Tablet
Taking too much of this medicine can lead to a significant reduction in blood pressure, disturbed heart rate, palpitations, rapid or fast breathing rate, etc. In case of an overdosage reach out to your doctor or emergency department of the nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as possible and skip it if it's time for the next dose. Blood pressure medicines should be taken regularly to avoid undesirable events that can occur due to raised blood pressure if not taken on time....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Losar A Tablet is used for what?
A: .Losar A Tablet is used for the treatment of mild to moderate high blood pressure.
Q: .Losar A Tablet is used for the treatment of mild to moderate high blood pressure.
- Losar A Tablet works by relaxing or widening the blood vessels. It also makes your heart work efficiently.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.