Losar A Tablet
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Losar A Tablet is a combination medicine. It contains a combination of Losartan and Amlodipine as the main ingredient. Losar A Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the blood vessels and making the blood flow easier. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and if not treated on time can damage many other organs including kidneys, heart and brain. Thus it is very important to take this medicine on time to control your blood pressure better. Along with this making few lifestyle modifications such as limiting salt & alcohol intake, maintaining a healthy weight, avoid smoking and exercising regularly can help you control your blood pressure better.
Uses of Losar A Tablet
For the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension.
Contraindications of Losar A Tablet
Known allergy to Losartan and Amlodipine or any ingredient of this medicine. If you are allergic to similar medicines such as Nifedipine, Verapamil, Telmisartan and Valsartan, etc. If you had an allergic reaction involving painless swelling or different parts of the body following administration of similar medicines. Do not take Aliskiren (used for the treatment of high blood pressure) along with this medicine.
Side effects of Losar A Tablet
- Feeling sick
- Abdominal pain
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Losar A Tablet
Can I take Losar A Tablet during pregnancy?
Losar A Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine, it should be discontinued immediately. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause damage to the growing foetus.
Can I take Losar A Tablet while breastfeeding?
Discuss with your doctor if you are breastfeeding while taking this medicine. Due to lack of safety information, it should be avoided during pregnancy and a safer treatment alternative should be considered. Breastfeeding to premature babies and newborns are not recommended while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Losar A Tablet?
Blood presssure-lowering medicines can cause dizziness or drowsiness, especially during initiation of treatment or when the dose is increased. Avoid driving if you experience any of such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Losar A Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic episodes that include swelling after consuming this medicine.
- You have a kidney or liver function problem.
- You have been told that you have abnormal levels of salt or electrolytes or recently had excessive diarrhoea and vomiting.
- You are taking potassium supplements or medicines that can increase the levels of potassium in the body.
- You have any other health condition or taking medicines or supplements.
- You are pregnant or may be pregnant, inform your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Losar A Tablet
How Does It Work?
Losar A Tablet works by the combined action of its two components. Losartan is a medicine that belongs to the class of angiotensin receptor blockers. It works by blocking the production of natural substances in the body responsible for the constriction of blood vessels. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker.
Directions for Use of Losar A Tablet
- Take Losar A Tablet as prescribed by your doctor with or without food.
- Try to take this medicine preferably at the same time every day for better control of blood pressure.
Interactions of Losar A Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines should be used carefully with Losar A Tablet as it can lead to an excessive drop in blood pressure.
- Medicines that increases the levels of potassium in the body including some water pills (spironolactone, amiloride) and potassium supplement should be used cautiously.
- Medicines containing lithium, used for mental disorders if taken along can lead to increased levels of lithium in the body and increases the chances of getting side effects. Regular monitoring of lithium levels in the body is advised.read less
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Losar A Tablet can be reduced by concomitant use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Aliskiren, a medicine used for high blood pressure if taken along can lead to reduced blood pressure, faintness, loss of consciousness and can also affect kidney function. Hence, it should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Losar A Tablet
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30ºC, protected from light and moisture. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Losar A Tablet
Taking too much of this medicine can lead to a significant reduction in blood pressure, disturbed heart rate, palpitations, rapid or fast breathing rate, etc. In case of an overdosage reach out to your doctor or emergency department of the nearby hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as possible and skip it if it's time for the next dose. Blood pressure medicines should be taken regularly to avoid undesirable events that can occur due to raised blood pressure if not taken on time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Losar A Tablet is used for what?
A: .Losar A Tablet is used for the treatment of mild to moderate high blood pressure.
Q: .Losar A Tablet is used for the treatment of mild to moderate high blood pressure.
- Losar A Tablet works by relaxing or widening the blood vessels. It also makes your heart work efficiently.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved