Lorel 2mg Tablet
Lorel 2 MG Description
Lorel 2mg is used to treat anxiety, epilepsy (fits), nausea and vomiting of chemotherapy. It is also used to induce sedation before surgery or in dental procedures. It also soothes the brain by r
educing nerve cell activity that is excessive or abnormal. This medicine should not be taken without the consultation of a doctor. The Lorel 2mg tablet has a habit-forming tendency if taken in larger doses or for a longer period of time, so it should not be taken without consulting a doctor. Even if you feel better, do not stop taking it until your doctor recommends you. Sudden stoppage can lead to serious health issues, withdrawal symptoms, convulsions, behavioural disorders, and tremors. This medicine should be taken at the same time of the day with or without food and should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms.
|You Save||₹3.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Insomnia (Sleeplessness), Sedation before surgery or dental procedures, Epilepsy|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Weakness, Depression, Hypotension, Memory impairment|
Uses of Lorel 2 MG
- The use of medicine is mainly for anxiety, insomnia (Sleeplessness), sedation before surgery or dental procedures, and epilepsy.
Contraindications of Lorel 2 MG
- If you are allergic to lorel tablets or their active ingredient.
- If you consume alcohol regularly.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have suicidal tendencies.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a respiratory disease.
- If you have sleep derived disease.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (eye disease)
- If you have heart (cardiovascular) diseases.
- If you have bipolar disorders.
- If you have diabetes mellitus.
- If you have a history of bleeding disorders, bone fractures.
- If you have seizure (fits) disorders.
Side effects of Lorel 2 MG
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Lorel 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to Lorel 2mg.
- You notice any allergic reactions.
- Your condition does not improve or worsen after taking the medication.
- You are trying to conceive or breastfeeding the baby or on birth control pills.
- You want to stop the medication.
- Before the doctors prescribe this medication, talk to your doctor about your past and ongoing medical history. Some of the diseases can make you more susceptible to some of the side effects or intensify side effects....
- It should not be given to children without consulting the doctors.
Mode of Action of Lorel 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lorel 2 MG
- You should take lorel 2mg tablets in the same dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- It should not be chewed or crushed. Do not break the tablet.
- You can take lorel 2mg tablets with or without food.
- You should take it at a fixed time daily.
- Avoid missing the dose or forgetting the dose.
Interactions of Lorel 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lorel 2mg tablets may interact with the following medicines:-
- Benzodiazepines - Lorel 2mg tablets produce additive CNS depression effects when given with other CNS depressants, opioids , antihistamines , barbiturates.
- Concomitant use of clozapine and Lorel 2mg tablets may produce marked sedation and excessive salivation.
- Concurrent administration of Lorel 2mg tablets with valproate may lead to increased plasma concentrations and
- reduced elimination of lorazepam