Lopez 2mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lopez 2mg Tablet belongs to a class of drug called benzodiazepines. It is prescribed to treat anxiety, panic disorders and seizures. Lopez 2mg Tablet contains lorazepam as an active ingredient. Lorazepam slows down the brain activity and relaxes the patient. It is achieved by binding to a site in the brain called amygdala (part of the brain associated with emotional processes and threat detection, producing anxiety and stress). Lopez 2mg Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration of taking Lopez 2mg Tablet varies depending on the patient’s condition. However, the recommended dose of lorazepam is 2-3 mg per day divided in two to three doses. Lopez 2mg Tablet is an anticonvulsant (prevents involuntary muscle contraction as seen in epileptic attacks and seizures) and may cause minor to serious side effects. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Lopez 2mg Tablet and get complete information on its potential side-effects and benefits....
|You Save||₹4.12 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, panic attack, insomnia, seizures|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhoea, blurred vision|
Check more medicines with composition as Lorazepam(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Lopez 2 MG
- Anxiety and anxiety-related disorders
- Panic disorders
- Agitation in patients with alcohol withdrawal symptoms
Contraindications of Lopez 2 MG
Patients with known hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines class of drug Acute Glaucoma patients Known allergic reaction to the drug or any of its active ingredient
Side effects of Lopez 2 MG
- Most of the side effects are minor and will disappear once the body adjusts to the medicine. However, if the symptoms persist or become worse, immediately consult your doctor.
- Common side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Changes in sexual drive
- Serious side effects:
- Severe Skin Rash
- Yellowing of eyes
- Yellowing of skin
- Heartbeat irregularity
Precautions and Warnings of Lopez 2 MG
Can I take Lopez 2mg tablets during pregnancy?
No, Lopez 2mg Tablet is not safe to be taken during pregnancy as it is known to cause congenital anomalies and withdrawal symptoms in the newborn. However, if you are pregnant, consult your doctor before starting any medication.
Can I take Lopez 2mg Tablets while breastfeeding?
Lopez 2mg Tablet is known to be excreted in breast milk while breastfeeding and therefore it is not recommended to be prescribed in breastfeeding mothers. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting any medication. If you notice your child sleeping more than usual or is facing any breathing difficulty, or is not able to suckle, immediately consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Lopez 2mg Tablets?
No, it is not safe to drive when taking Lopez 2mg Tablet as it is known to cause impairment of mental and physical abilities required while driving a car. It may induce sleepiness, dizziness and blurring of vision and hence not recommended to drive a car when under this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Lopez 2mg Tablet?
No, alcohol must be avoided with Lopez 2mg Tablet as it causes respiratory depression and all the side effects of an overdose which can be fatal.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Before taking Lopez 2mg Tablet, talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
- Disclose to your doctor about whatever medications you take before starting Lopez 2mg Tablet.
- Consuming large amounts of other medications with Lopez 2mg Tablet can lead to overdose or even death.
Mode of Action of Lopez 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Anxiety is a normal phenomenon. It becomes a disorder when it starts affecting the normal functioning of your body and interferes with your daily normal routine. Amygdala is a part of the human brain responsible for all the emotional processes including threat detection and production of fear, stress and anxiety. Lopez 2mg Tablet contains lorazepam as an active ingredient which binds to the amygdala and blocks or slows down the amygdala activity producing calmness and relaxation. It may also bind to a site in the cerebral cortex (outermost part of brain responsible for thoughts, emotions and memory) and prevent or treat seizures....
Directions for Use of Lopez 2 MG
- Lopez 2mg Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s prescription.
- Lopez 2mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Lopez 2mg Tablet as whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Lopez 2mg Tablet must be taken at same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
- Do not stop taking medicine without prior consultation with your doctor.
- After taking Lopez 2mg Tablet if you experience palpitations or irregular heart beat or any discomfort that does not go away, immediately consult your doctor or the nearest emergency hospital.
Interactions of Lopez 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lopez 2mg Tablet may adversely interact with:
- Other benzodiazepines
Interactions with food items
- Lopez 2mg Tablet may interact adversely with:
- Caffeine - leads to reduced action of Lopez 2mg.
Storage and disposal of Lopez 2 MG
Lopez 2mg Tablet must be stored in a dry place, away from sunlight, at a room temperature away from the reach of children. It must be disposed of in a way that it is out of reach of children and cannot be consumed by pets....
Dosage of Lopez 2 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Lopez 2mg Tablet can be fatal and include CNS depression leading to drowsiness and coma. Overdose may also produce serious symptoms like depression of heart activity causing hypotension, respiratory depression causing hypnosis, coma and even death....
- If you happen to take too much of Lopez 2mg Tablet, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Lopez 2mg Tablet, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of Lopez 2mg Tablet to make up for the missed dose. This may lead to overdosing....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the Lopez 2mg Tablet used for?
A: Lopez 2mg Tablet is used to give relaxation and calmness in anxiety and anxiety related disorders. Lopez 2mg Tablet is also used in treatment of seizures, insomnia and other panic disorders. Lorazepam is an active ingredient found in Lopez 2mg Tablet that temporarily blocks the brain site responsible for producing fearful thoughts and anxiety.
Q: Who should not use Lopez 2mg Tablet?
- Lopez 2mg Tablet should not be used in case of acute glaucoma, or in case of a known hypersensitivity to the ingredients present in the medicine. It should also not be used in a pregnant woman or a breastfeeding mother as the studies have shown lorazepam, an active ingredient in Lopez 2mg Tablet to cause congenital malformations in newborns....
- It is also not used or used in reduced doses in patients suffering from liver disease, alcohol abuse, psychiatric
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.