Lonazep Md 1mg Tablet
Lonazep Md 1 G Description
Lonazep Md 1mg Tablet is a prescription medication primarily used for treating epilepsy (seizures). It is also used to treat panic disorder. Lonazep Tablet helps in stabilising the seizure by lowerin
g the excess activity of nerves in the brain. Lonazep Md Tablet is composed of clonazepam 1mg, which belongs to the benzodiazepine class of medicine. It is a tranquilliser. This medicine reduces the excessive neurological activity in the brain by increasing certain inhibitory chemical messengers in the brain. Lonazep Md Tablet should only be used if it's prescribed by a doctor. You should avoid using it unnecessarily or without a medical prescription as it may develop tolerance. Tell your doctor about the history of past illness and your medications. This medicine may cause dependency if used for the long term. So, it is crucial to monitor the dosage and not use it for long. Also, you should not stop consuming this medicine suddenly as it can lead to withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹7.11 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of seizure or epilepsy and panic disorder.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Muscle weakness, Fatigue, Memory problems, Blurred vision, Difficulty in speaking, Increased salivation.|
Uses of Lonazep Md 1 G
- Treatment of seizure or epilepsy
- Treatment of panic disorder
Contraindications of Lonazep Md 1 G
- If you are allergic to clonazepam contained in Lonazep Md Tablet.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma ( increased the fluid pressure inside the eyeball).
- If you experience any suicidal thoughts or ideation.
- If you’ve myasthenia gravis(a disease that causes muscle weakness).
- If you have any history of alcohol abuse.
- If you’re pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you have any respiratory diseases.
- If you have a severe liver disease.
Side effects of Lonazep Md 1 G
- Muscle weakness
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased salivation
Precautions and Warnings of Lonazep Md 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You experience severe changes in mood or behaviour.
- You notice tightness in the chest or throat.
- You have trouble breathing or talking.
- You experience any other severe side effects.
- You’ve a history of liver or kidney disease.
- You are using any herbal medicines or any other supplements.
Mode of Action of Lonazep Md 1 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lonazep Md 1 G
- Take the Lonazep Tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take the whole tablet with a full glass of water. Don't break this tablet or chew it.
- Do not take it with other medicines or herbal supplements without informing your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine if the package is broken or opened.
- Don’t suddenly stop taking this medication, as it may lead to withdrawal effects.
- Do not exceed the dosage on your own, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Lonazep Md 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Opiates or narcotic painkillers like codeine, tramadol, fentanyl, oxycodone; calcium channel blockers such as amlodipine and felodipine etc.N ACE inhibitors such as lisinopril and enalapril. It can cause serious adverse effects. If you are using antihistamines, antifungals, antibiotics, then inform your doctor, as the dose may need to be adjusted. If you are using other sedatives or antidepressant drugs, their reactions can also cause unwanted effects....
Interactions with food items
- Talk to your doctor about any herbal supplements or drinks you are currently taking before consuming this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Lonazep Md 1 G
Dosage of Lonazep Md 1 G
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the recommended duration of taking Lonazep Tablet?
Q: Can I discontinue Lonazep Md Tablet on my own after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
Q: Is Lonazep Tablet a habit-forming medication?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 January 2022]. Available from:
- Clonazepam: medicine to control seizures or fits, muscle spasms and restless legs syndrome [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 27 January 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 27 January 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Rxlist.com. 2022 [cited 27 January 2022]. Available from: