Lipvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lipvas 20 MG Description
The medicine is used to lower blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart diseases. It contains atorvastatin as an active ingredient, also known as statins. Atorvastatin decreases the synthesis of
cholesterol in the body by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for cholesterol formation. You must take the medicine before going to bed to gain optimum benefits. Avoid consuming a high fat, fried and junk meals and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefits along with Lipvas 20 tablet.
Uses of Lipvas 20 MG
- It is used to lower cholesterol levels.
- It is used to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Contraindications of Lipvas 20 MG
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin or other components of Lipvas 20 tablet.
- If you have or had liver disease, abnormality in the liver function test.
- If you are taking treatment with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Lipvas 20 MG
- Muscule, joint pains
Precautions and Warnings of Lipvas 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from a medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You suffer from a stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You suffer from repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems.
- You have or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
- You are taking other medicines for health conditions.
Mode of Action of Lipvas 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lipvas 20 MG
Interactions of Lipvas 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Lipvas 20 tablet works or Lipvas 20 tablet itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking cholesterol-lowering medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like phenazone, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir, antacids, etc....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Lipvas 20 MG
- Store at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lipvas 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Lipvas 20 tablet cause diabetes?
Q: Is Lipvas 20 tablet a blood thinner?
Q: Is Lipvas 20 tablet good for cholesterol?
Q: There are home remedies that increase the treatment process?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 June 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2021]