Lipikind 20mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Lipikind 20mg Tab belongs to the group of medicines called statins. It contains atorvastatin, which plays a role in decreasing the bad cholesterol, also called low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Uses of Lipikind 20mg Tab
- High levels of cholesterol, especially low-density lipoprotein
- High levels of triglycerides
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Lipikind 20mg Tab
- Avoid taking this medicine if you have liver diseases like hepatitis or jaundice and are on medications like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant or even if you are planning
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding
- Before consuming this medicine, report to the doctor if you have kidney problems and abnormal liver tests
Side effects of Lipikind 20mg Tab
- The side effects of Lipikind 20mg Tab include headache, nausea, vomiting, nose bleed, throat pain, constipation, diarrhoea, joint, muscle, and back pain, abnormal liver tests, existing liver disease can worsen, and creatinine, kinase levels can get derangedread less
- Some rare side effects can also occur like nightmares, sleepless, loss of appetite, dizziness, allergic reactions, rash and itching, and numbness and tingling in fingers
- A serious side effect can occur, known as rhabdomyolysis. Immediately report to the doctor if you see dark-coloured urine, peeling of skin, rashes on palms, and soles with blistering on the skin, eyes, mouthread less
Precautions and Warnings of Lipikind 20mg Tab
Can I take Lipikind 20mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy, hence inform the doctor if you are pregnant or even if you are planning.
Can I take Lipikind 20mg Tab while breastfeeding?
There are no safety studies mentioned on using this medicine while breastfeeding. Thus, you should not take this medicine if nursing and consult the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lipikind 20mg Tab?
This medicine does not cause any harm to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Lipikind 20mg Tab?
Taking high amount of alcohol can lead to liver damage, so it should be avoided when taking atorvastatin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Other than grapefruit, no other major food restrictions should be attended when consuming atorvastatin.
Mode of Action of Lipikind 20mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The main ingredient in the composition of Lipikind 20mg Tab is a lipid-lowering medicine. An enzyme HMG-co-A-reductase makes cholesterol in the body. This enzyme is blocked by this medicine and helps in reducing the bad cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps in increasing the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels, which is also said good cholesterol.
Directions for Use of Lipikind 20mg Tab
Take the dosage of Lipikind 20mg Tab orally as a whole tablet, without chewing or crushing it. It can be taken along with food or also without food. Prefer to keep the same timing every day for consuming this medicine.
Interactions of Lipikind 20mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Atorvastatin should not be taken together with fusidic acid (medicine for bacterial infections) or within 7 days of taking fusidic acid, as it can cause severe muscle damage
- Other cholesterol-lowering agents like gemfibrozil, colestipol can lead to severe muscle breakdown
- Hepatitis C medicine like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir should be avoided with this medicine
- Some medicines like itraconazole, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir or ritonavir can lead to increase in the absorption of this medicine in the body and may cause serious side effectsread less
Interactions with food items
Reduce the intake of grapefruit when on this medication.
Other general Interactions
There are not any such interactions reported.
Storage and disposal of Lipikind 20mg Tab
Store the medicine in the same package it has come at room temperature between 20°C and 25°C. Keep it away from heat and sunlight. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Lipikind 20mg Tab
Any of the side effects like nausea, vomiting, headache, body pain, or stomach upset can happen due to overdose, so report to the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose when you remember, and if it is not the turn of next dose. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What happens if I stop taking Lipikind 20mg Tab?
A: It is harmful if you stop taking this medicine as it maintains your cholesterol levels and safeguards your heart.
Q: How long does Lipikind 20mg Tab stay in the body?
A: It takes almost 3 days to get eliminated from the body.
Q: Does Lipikind 20mg Tab make you lose weight?
A: This medicine helps in lowering cholesterol, so one's diet also changes accordingly, and weight loss can happen due to the lifestyle changes and not only due to the medicine.
Q: Is itching a side effect of Lipikind 20mg Tab ?
A: Sometimes, this medicine can cause an allergic reaction and can cause itching or rashes. Also, any person allergic to atorvastatin can get itching after taking medicine. One must report to the doctor if such symptoms are noticed.
Q: Should I take Lipikind 20mg Tab in the morning or night?
A: Atorvastatin is better to be taken in the morning. Maintain the same time every day to take medicine.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: Information for the user. Atorvastatin.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Atorvastatin.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Atorvastatin. Updated October 31, 2018.
Other Variants for
Lipikind 20mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:39 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved