Lipikind 20mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lipikind 20 MG Description
Lipikind 20mg Tab belongs to the group of medicines called statins. It contains atorvastatin, which plays a role in decreasing the bad cholesterol, also called low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
|You Save||₹8.73 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Lipikind 20 MG
- High levels of cholesterol, especially low-density lipoprotein
- High levels of triglycerides
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Lipikind 20 MG
- Avoid taking this medicine if you have liver diseases like hepatitis or jaundice and are on medications like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant or even if you are planning
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding
- Before consuming this medicine, report to the doctor if you have kidney problems and abnormal liver tests
Side effects of Lipikind 20 MG
- The side effects of Lipikind 20mg Tab include headache, nausea, vomiting, nose bleed, throat pain, constipation, diarrhoea, joint, muscle, and back pain, abnormal liver tests, existing liver disease can worsen, and creatinine, kinase levels can get deranged...
- Some rare side effects can also occur like nightmares, sleepless, loss of appetite, dizziness, allergic reactions, rash and itching, and numbness and tingling in fingers
- A serious side effect can occur, known as rhabdomyolysis. Immediately report to the doctor if you see dark-coloured urine, peeling of skin, rashes on palms, and soles with blistering on the skin, eyes, mouth...
Precautions and Warnings of Lipikind 20 MG
Can I take Lipikind 20mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy, hence inform the doctor if you are pregnant or even if you are planning.
Can I take Lipikind 20mg Tab while breastfeeding?
There are no safety studies mentioned on using this medicine while breastfeeding. Thus, you should not take this medicine if nursing and consult the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lipikind 20mg Tab?
This medicine does not cause any harm to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Lipikind 20mg Tab?
Taking high amount of alcohol can lead to liver damage, so it should be avoided when taking atorvastatin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Other than grapefruit, no other major food restrictions should be attended when consuming atorvastatin.
Mode of Action of Lipikind 20 MG
How Does It Work?
The main ingredient in the composition of Lipikind 20mg Tab is a lipid-lowering medicine. An enzyme HMG-co-A-reductase makes cholesterol in the body. This enzyme is blocked by this medicine and helps in reducing the bad cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps in increasing the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels, which is also said good cholesterol....
Directions for Use of Lipikind 20 MG
Take the dosage of Lipikind 20mg Tab orally as a whole tablet, without chewing or crushing it. It can be taken along with food or also without food. Prefer to keep the same timing every day for consuming this medicine....
Interactions of Lipikind 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Atorvastatin should not be taken together with fusidic acid (medicine for bacterial infections) or within 7 days of taking fusidic acid, as it can cause severe muscle damage
- Other cholesterol-lowering agents like gemfibrozil, colestipol can lead to severe muscle breakdown
- Hepatitis C medicine like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir should be avoided with this medicine
- Some medicines like itraconazole, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir or ritonavir can lead to increase in the absorption of this medicine in the body and may cause serious side effects...
Interactions with food items
Reduce the intake of grapefruit when on this medication.
Other general Interactions
There are not any such interactions reported.
Storage and disposal of Lipikind 20 MG
Store the medicine in the same package it has come at room temperature between 20°C and 25°C. Keep it away from heat and sunlight. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Lipikind 20 MG
Any of the side effects like nausea, vomiting, headache, body pain, or stomach upset can happen due to overdose, so report to the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose when you remember, and if it is not the turn of next dose. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What happens if I stop taking Lipikind 20mg Tab?
A: It is harmful if you stop taking this medicine as it maintains your cholesterol levels and safeguards your heart.
Q: How long does Lipikind 20mg Tab stay in the body?
A: It takes almost 3 days to get eliminated from the body.
Q: Does Lipikind 20mg Tab make you lose weight?
A: This medicine helps in lowering cholesterol, so one's diet also changes accordingly, and weight loss can happen due to the lifestyle changes and not only due to the medicine.
Q: Is itching a side effect of Lipikind 20mg Tab ?
A: Sometimes, this medicine can cause an allergic reaction and can cause itching or rashes. Also, any person allergic to atorvastatin can get itching after taking medicine. One must report to the doctor if such symptoms are noticed.
Q: Should I take Lipikind 20mg Tab in the morning or night?
A: Atorvastatin is better to be taken in the morning. Maintain the same time every day to take medicine.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: Information for the user. Atorvastatin.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Atorvastatin.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Atorvastatin. Updated October 31, 2018.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed