Linox 600mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Linox 600 MG Description
Linox Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing Linezolid, used to treat respiratory and skin infections, caused by certain types of bacteria only. This medicine is not recommended in young and ado
lescent patients who are less than 18 years old. You must complete the entire course of duration with this medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not discontinue once you start feeling better. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and headaches are some common side effects of this medicine, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, then immediately inform your doctor.
|Contains||Linezolide / Linezolid(600.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Linezolide / Linezolid(600.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Linox 600mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Oratil Lz 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8313.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Lizoforce 600mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.50₹ 121.1213.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Lizolid 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Integrace Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.00₹ 302.6013.54% CHEAPER₹ 30.26/Tablet
- Linospan 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8313.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Lizomac 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8313.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Maxolid 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 295.7015.51% CHEAPER₹ 29.57/Tablet
- Turbo 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 362.90₹ 308.4611.86% CHEAPER₹ 30.85/Tablet
- Linokem 600mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 255.21₹ 216.9338.03% CHEAPER₹ 21.69/Tablet
- Lnz 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8313.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Linid 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8313.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
Uses of Linox 600 MG
Linox Tablet is used to treat infections of the lung (pneumonia), skin and soft tissues, caused by a certain bacteria.
Contraindications of Linox 600 MG
- If you are allergic to Linezolid or any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- If you are taking or have taken medicines for brain-related diseases such as Phenelzine, Selegiline or Moclobemide in the last 2 weeks.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Linox 600 MG
- Low blood cell counts (anemia)
- Fungal infections
- Altered taste
- Pain or bloating of stomach, abnormal liver function tests
- Itching, rashes, fever
Precautions and Warnings of Linox 600 MG
Can I take Linox Tablet during pregnancy?
Linox Tablet should not be used in pregnancy unless necessary, as limited information is available on the use of this medicine in pregnancy.
Can I take Linox Tablet while breastfeeding?
Linox Tablet passes into breast milk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. Hence, it is recommended not to breastfeed while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Linox Tablet?
Caution is advisable as this medicine may cause side effects like dizziness and impaired vision. Driving should be avoided if any such symptoms occur.
Can I consume alcohol with Linox Tablet?
Linox Tablet reacts with a substance called tyramine in alcohol and causes a rise in blood pressure. Hence, it is advisable to avoid alcohol or take it as less as possible during treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You have cancer of the adrenal glands (small glands/ tissue present on the top of kidneys) or carcinoid syndrome (cancers of the hormonal system that may cause sweating, redness of skin or diarrhoea).
- You are suffering from any psychiatric disorders such as confusion, schizophrenia or any other brain problems.
- You have low red blood cell counts (anemia) or any bleeding problems (bleed or bruise easily).
- You are at risk for or get infections or you have diarrhoea.
- You have a history of convulsions (fits).
- You have liver or kidney problems (and if you are on dialysis for kidney failure).
Mode of Action of Linox 600 MG
How Does It Work?
Linox Tablet works by blocking the formation of proteins required by the bacteria for their growth and multiplication. This will arrest the spread of bacteria and control the infection.
Directions for Use of Linox 600 MG
- Take Linox Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine.
Interactions of Linox 600 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Linox Tablet interferes with the action of medicines used in psychiatric disorders such as Phenelzine, Selegiline, Trazodone, Mirtazapine, Imipramine, Amitriptyline (monoamine oxidase inhibitors and other medicines that alter serotonin levels in the brain) and should not be co-administered with this medicine....
- Medicines used for migraines such as Sumatriptan and Zolmitriptan.
- Medicines that increase blood pressure like dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), dobutamine, etc.
- Anti-anxiety medications such as Buspirone, opioid painkillers like Pethidine should be used cautiously.
- Medicines used to treat sudden, life-threatening allergic reactions like epinephrine (adrenaline).
- Medicines that prevent blood clotting like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat nose blockage in cold and cough (decongestants like pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine).
- Rifampicin, an antibiotic used to treat tuberculosis, can interfere with the activity of Linox Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Cheese, yeast extracts, fermented soya products such as soya sauce and undistilled alcoholic drinks (like beer and wine) should be taken in limited quantities (as low as possible) while on medication with Linox Tablet....
Dosage of Linox 600 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Linox Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I take Linox Tablet?
A: You need to take this medicine for as long as the doctor has prescribed, even if you stop having symptoms. Do not stop or start taking this medication without the knowledge of your doctor.
Q: What foods should I not eat while taking Linox Tablet?
A: Consumption of aged or mature cheese, fermented meats and soya products, yeast extracts, undistilled alcohol products like wine and beer should be minimized or avoided while taking Linox Tablet. This is because these substances contain a substance called 'tyramine', which may interact with Linezolid and cause a temporary rise in blood pressure.
Q: Can I take Linox Tablet if I have a cough (with sputum)?
A: No, this medicine has to be taken only for certain types of infection. It has to be taken on the advice of a doctor. It is not recommended to use this medicine without a prescription.
Q: Can I use this medicine in children?
A: Linox Tablet are not recommended to be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age, as adequate supporting data is not available.
Q: Is there anything else I should know before taking this medicine?
A: Inform your doctor immediately if you experience any problems with your vision (blurring or impaired vision), there is reduced or loss of sensation in your arms or legs, you develop diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or if your breathing becomes rapid.
Q: How do I know if the diarrhoea is antibiotic-associated?
A: The diarrhoea is classified as associated with antibiotics if there are more than 3 watery stools in a day. The episodes of loose motions can start as early as 2 hours after taking the antibiotic and can occur for some time even after stopping the medication.
Q: What should I do if I have diarrhoea while on treatment with Linox 600mg Strip Of 4 Tablets?
A: Avoid foods containing poorly absorbable sugars like wheat, onion, cabbage, legumes, mushrooms and seeded fruits like peaches, almonds, mangoes, apricots and dates. Inform your doctor if the stools are of any other color than yellow and you feel dehydration, stomach cramps and fever. Do not self-treat or stop the antibiotics without consulting your doctor.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed