Lfast Am Capsules
By BRITISH BIOLOGICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lfast Am Capsules Description
Lfast Am Capsule is used for the treatment of wet cough where there is mucous in the throat. It is a combination medicine containing ambroxol and levocetirizine. Lfast Am Capsule should be taken as d
irected by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You may experience sleepiness, headache, tiredness, dry mouth and skin rash. In case you experience any side effects or discomfort after using this Capsule, then consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Before starting Lfast Am Capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Lfast Am Capsules
Lfast Am Capsule is used for the treatment of wet cough and cough with mucus.
Contraindications of Lfast Am Capsules
- If you are allergic to ambroxol and hydroxyzine classes of medicine like cetirizine, levocetirizine and any other component of Lfast Am Capsule.
- If you suffer from kidney disease and are on hemodialysis, then you should not take this Capsule.
Side effects of Lfast Am Capsules
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Lfast Am Capsules
Can I take Lfast Am Capsule during pregnancy?
There are limited studies on the effect of Lfast Am Capsule in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking this Capsule.
Can I take Lfast Am Capsule while breastfeeding?
A component of Lfast Am Capsule passes into breast milk, thus consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lfast Am Capsule?
It is not advisable to drive after consuming Lfast Am Capsule as it causes drowsiness and tiredness, which affects the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol with Lfast Am Capsule?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Lfast Am Capsule as it can increase the side effects such as dizziness, tiredness and difficulty concentrating.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel restlessness, vomiting, irritation or pain in the abdomen after taking the Lfast Am Capsule.
- You consume alcohol too often or you have any dental issues.
- You have kidney disease and are on hemodialysis
- You are on any other medication or taking any herbal supplements or preparations.
Mode of Action of Lfast Am Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Lfast Am Capsule contains Ambroxol and Levocetirizine.
- Ambroxol is a mucolytic medicine that clears the chest by thinning and loosening the mucus (phlegm) in the airway tract.
- Levocetirizine is an antiallergic class that works by reducing allergic symptoms like rashes, sneezing, watery eyes and a runny or blocked nose.
Directions for Use of Lfast Am Capsules
- Lfast Am Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Lfast Am Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lfast Am Capsule works or this Capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Lfast Am Capsules
- Store Lfast Am Capsules below 30°C.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Lfast Am Capsules
Symptoms of overdose may include sleepy, irritated, tired, tremors and constipation. If you think you have taken too many Lfast Am Capsules contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Lfast Am Capsule take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Lfast Am Capsule be given to babies?
A: You must consult a doctor before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Can I take Lfast Am Capsule for dry cough?
A: Lfast Am Capsule contains ambroxol which is mucolytic, it thins and loosens the mucous. It is more effective for wet cough. However, it is advised to talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- CDSCO - Ambroxol+Levocetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Levorid Syrup [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Axalin Syrup [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- NPRA. Ambroxol [Internet]. Npra.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- NPRA. Levocetirizine [Internet]. Npra.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed