Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
By CIPLA LIMITED
200md Metered Dose Inhaler in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levolin 50mcg inhaler is used to treat respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma characterized by difficulty in breathing, coughing and whistling sounds wh
ile breathing. COPD is a disorder where your lung is damaged and making the passage of air in the lungs difficult. Levolin 50mcg inhaler contains levosalbutamol as an active ingredient. It is an anti-asthmatic medication belonging to fast-acting bronchodilators or relievers class of medicine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should not increase the dose or stop the treatment on your own even if you feel better, as it can reduce the effectiveness or side effect of the treatment. Inform your doctor if you are already taking any other medicines....
Uses of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
Levolin 50mcg inhaler is used to treat and provide relief from spasm and constriction of airways in respiratory disease such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease characterised by diffic
ulty in breathing, coughing, wheezing sound and tightness of chest....
Contraindications of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
- If you are allergic to levosalbutamol or any of the ingredient of Levolin 50mcg inhaler.
- If you have a history of premature labour or threathened pregnancy.
Side effects of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
Precautions and Warnings of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
Can I use Levolin 50mcg inhaler during pregnancy?
Levolin 50mcg inhaler should be used during pregnancy, only if prescribed by your doctor after considering it to be essential.
Can I use Levolin 50mcg inhaler while breastfeeding?
Levolin 50mcg inhaler should be used during breastfeeding, only if prescribed by your doctor after considering it to be essential.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levolin 50mcg inhaler?
Levolin 50mcg inhaler does not impair your ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness, muscle cramps or fits after taking this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Levolin 50mcg inhaler?
Alcohol should be avoided with Levolin 50mcg inhaler as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical condition like heart-related disorder or blood disorder.
- You have thyroid, diabetes, lung infection.
- You have a low level of potassium in your blood.
- You are an active smoker, you should avoid smoking as it may worsen your disease condition.
Mode of Action of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
How Does It Work?
Levosalbutamol acts by widening and relaxing the smooth muscles of the airways in certain respiratory conditions such as asthma and COPD. Thus, aids in easy breathing.
Directions for Use of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
- Levolin 50mcg inhaler should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- It must be taken by inhalation only.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Shake the inhaler.
- You should take the exact number of puffs as recommended by your doctor for treatment of bronchospasm.
Interactions of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Levolin 50mcg inhaler may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Levolin 50mcg inhaler works if taken along.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, brain-related disorder, heart-related problems, or anti-asthmatic medicines etc.
- Concomitant use of water pill medicine like furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise the monitoring of blood potassium levels....Read more
Storage and disposal of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
- You should store Levolin 50mcg inhaler below 25°C in a cool, dry place and its original packaging.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep the container tightly closed. Protect from heat and moisture.
Dosage of Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
Overdose of Levolin 50mcg inhaler may cause nervousness, headache, fainting, tremor, dry mouth, chest pain, irregular heart rate, nausea, sweating, dizziness, fits etc. If you think you have taken too
much of this medicine then immediately reach out to the nearest hospital or clinic....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Levolin 50mcg inhaler take it as quickly as you remember. However, if it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the next dose. Do not take ext
ra medicine for missed dose compensation....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Levolin 50mcg inhaler a steroid?
A: No, Levolin 50mcg inhaler is not a steroid. It is a bronchodilator that relaxes the airways wall muscles, opens them and thereby eases breathing in patients who have reversible obstructive airway diseases like asthma or in some cases of chronic bronchitis.
Q: How long should you use Levolin 50mcg inhhaler?
A: You should take your medicine as long as it is recommended by your doctor for the treatment of bronchospasm. If you happen to have an asthma attack, you should take the number of puffs quickly recommended by your doctor.
Q: What is COPD?
A: COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is a common lung problem that produces damage to the lungs over the period.This condition produces symptoms like coughing with mucous for a long time and eventually leading to breathing difficulties.
Q: Can I experience dry mouth due to Levolin 50mcg inhaler?
A: Dry mouth may occur as a side effect of this medicine in some individuals. Thus you should rinse your mouth frequently, maintain oral hygiene, increased water intake. Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
Q: When and how should I use it?
- Learn from your doctor/pharmacist how to use the pump. Also, read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Your doctor will inform you how many inhalations (puffs) to use for each dose and the maximum number of inhalations you should use in 24 hours. Strictly follow the prescribed regimen.
- If you do not get relief from your symptoms after using Levolin 50mcg inhaler, you must contact your doctor for advice immediately.
Q: Is Levolin inhaler safe for diabetic patients?
A: Caution is advised to diabetic patients while using a Levolin inhaler. It may alter the blood glucose level in the body. If you have diabetes, tell your doctor before starting the treatment. The doctor will adjust the dose accordingly and might ask for a regular check on sugar level.
Q: Can Levolin inhalers be used in children?
A: No, it is not for use in children. You should never self-prescribe any medicine on your own without consulting a doctor.
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 200mcg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Levosalbutamol (Inhaler) | Indications, Pharmacology, Dosage, Side Effects & other Generic info with Available Brand names in Bangladesh | MedEx [Internet]. Medex.com.bd. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 200mcg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Levalbuterol Oral Inhalation: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Levalbuterol [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Levolin 0 63 Mg Packet Of 5 2 5 Ml Respules
- Levolin 1 25 Mg Packet Of 5 2 5 Ml Respules
- Levolin 0 31 Mg Packet Of 5 2 5 Ml Respules
- Levolin Rotacaps
- Levolin 1 Mg Orange Flav Syrup 100 Ml
- Levolin 1 Mg Tablet
- Levolin 2 Mg Tablet
- Levolin Plus Juniour Expectorant 100 Ml
- Levolin 0 31 Mg Packet Of 10 2 5 Ml Respules
Last Updated on: 16 Oct 2021 | 01:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved