Leosulta 375mg Tablet
Leosulta 375 MG Description
Leosulta Tablet contains sultamicillin (a combination of ampicillin & sulbactum) as its active component. It is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, skin, uri
nary tract, etc. It is not effective against viral or fungal infections. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. Complete the entire course of this medicine and do not consume these tablets more than that prescribed as it may cause some serious effects. Before using Leosulta Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Uses of Leosulta 375 MG
Contraindications of Leosulta 375 MG
- If you are allergic to Sultamicillin or any other ingredients of Leosulta Tablet.
- If you are allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called penicillins.
Side effects of Leosulta 375 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash or itching
- Dizziness, fatigue (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Leosulta 375 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Leosulta Tablet, immediately contact your doctor.
- You develop an infection or superinfection while on treatment.
- You experience diarrhoea or problems with your intestines while on treatment with Leosulta Tablet, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
- Your doctor will regularly monitor your liver, kidney and other functions if you are prescribed this tablet for long-term treatment.
- Do not take Leosulta Tablet for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Leosulta 375 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Leosulta 375 MG
Interactions of Leosulta 375 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Leosulta Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like allopurinol (medicines used to lower uric acid), oral contraceptive pills, Probenecid (used to treat gout), blood thinners like warfarin, antibiotics like chloramphenicol, erythromycin....
- Other medicines like methotrexate, leucovorin should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using Leosulta Tablet while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Leosulta 375 MG
- Store Leosulta Tablets at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep the tablets out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Leosulta 375 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)