Lenangio 10mg Capsule
Lenangio 10 MG Description
Lenangio Capsule is an immunomodulatory medicine. It modulates the immune system. Lenangio is used to treat white blood cell cancer and in patients with transfusion dependent aneamia. It contains Len
alidomide as active ingredient. This medicine modulates and strengthens the immune system. It kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells thereby prevents the spread of cancer. Take Lenangio as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Lenangio Capsule should be avoided if you are pregnany or planning pregnancy.
Uses of Lenangio 10 MG
- Used to treat cancer of white blood cell.
- Used to treat blood transfusion dependent aneamia where bone marrow is unable to make mature blood cells.
Contraindications of Lenangio 10 MG
- If you are allergic to lenalidomide or any other ingredient of Lenangio Capsule.
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or of a child bearing age.
Side effects of Lenangio 10 MG
- Muscle cramps
- Decreased blood count
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Lenangio 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are above 50 years of age, menopausal or of a non-child bearing age.
- You are using any knid of contraceptive method.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have heart disease or conditions, blood clot in the body.
- You have thyroid, blood disorder.
- You have viral reactivation or visual disturbance such as cataract.
- You have kidney or liver damage.
- You experience any allergic reaction after taking Lenangio.
- You have or experience tingling sensation or numbness of the extremities.
- You have or had any kind of cancer or cancer lysis.
- You have any active infection.
- You feel sleepy or dizzy.
Mode of Action of Lenangio 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Linalidomide acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of cancer cells and stops cancer cells from making their own blood vessels. Thus, kills the cancer cells.
- It works by killing the abnormal cells in the bone marrow and helps to produce healthy normal blood cells.
Directions for Use of Lenangio 10 MG
- Lenangio Capsule is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Lenangio 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affects the way the Lenangio Capsule works or Lenangio itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, anti-allergic medicine, other cancer medicine or medicine used to treat brain related disorder.
- If you are lipid lowering medicine, steroids or digoxin.
Storage and disposal of Lenangio 10 MG
- Store Lenangio Capsule at room temperature in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lenangio 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Lenangio Capsule if I feel better?
Q: My husband is on Lenangio, can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
- Revlimid 2.5 mg Hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Revlimid 2.5 mg Hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- REVLIMID® Capsule [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]