Largactil Injection Description
Largactil Inj aids in the treatment of schizophrenia, other psychosis (mental disorders) such as anxiety, dangerously impulsive behaviour, agitation, paranoia (delusions and feeling extremely nervous
), and mania (overactive behaviour). Largactil Inj is also prescribed for managing intractable hiccups, nausea, and autism (learning and communication difficulties). Chlorpromazine is the active ingredient of Largactil inj. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder wherein a person experiences hallucinations(seeing things that are not there), delusions(beliefs contrary to reality), and extremely disordered behaviour and thinking. Anxiety disorder is a mental health condition in which a person experiences extreme feelings of fear and worry that interferes with their day-to-day life. Largactil Inj should be administered by a healthcare professional. Do not self-administer. Your doctor will decide on the suitable dose of Largactil Inj based on your health and medical history. When on Largactil Inj, do not take any other medications without speaking to your doctor.
|You Save||₹3.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Anxiety, Dangerously impulsive behaviour, Agitation, Paranoia, Mania, Intractable hiccups, Nausea, Autism|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Abnormal movements, Rigid muscles, Constipation, Urine retention|
Uses of Largactil Injection
- Largactil Inj is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of anxiety,
- Treatment of dangerously impulsive behaviour and agitation
- Treatment of paranoia and mania
- Treatment of intractable hiccups and nausea
- Treatment of autism
Contraindications of Largactil Injection
- If you have an allergy to the active or inactive components of Largactil Inj.
- If you are taking antidepressants (medicines that fight depression), such as MAOI (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors), for example, rasagiline.
Side effects of Largactil Injection
- Dry mouth
- Abnormal movements
- Rigid muscles
- Urine retention
Precautions and Warnings of Largactil Injection
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergic reactions to Largactil Inj such as difficulty breathing, rashes, itching, bluish skin colour, swelling of face, tongue, or throat. Contact your doctor or the emergency medical department immediately....
- You experience involuntary (unintentional) muscle movements when you are on Largactil Inj treatment. Your doctor might need to intervene.
- You have liver disease.
- You have heart disease.
- You have kidney disease. Close monitoring is essential when you are taking Largactil Inj if you have kidney disease.
- You have thyroid disease.
- You have epilepsy(fits).
- You have Parkinson’s disease (nerve disease).
- You have diabetes (high blood sugar levels). You need to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly when you are on Largactil Inj.
- You conceive during the course of treatment.
Mode of Action of Largactil Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Largactil Injection
- Largactil Inj must be administered by a healthcare professional. Do not self-administer.
- Keep track of your appointments for Largactil, do not miss your doses. It will ensure a consistent level of Largactil Inj in your body.
- Do not stop Largactil Inj without speaking to your doctor. It could worsen your symptoms.
- When it is the right time, your doctor might gradually reduce the dosage of Largactil Inj before stopping the medicine.
Interactions of Largactil Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid adverse effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Largactil Inj is known to interact with the following medicines:
- Seek medical advice if you are on medicines that fight fungal infection, such as fluconazole, itraconazole, or clotrimazole. Taking Largactil Inj when you are on antifungals (fungal infection medicines) can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening. ...
- Seek medical advice if you are on antidepressants (medicines that fight depression), such as MAOI (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors), for example, rasagiline, selegiline, moclobemide, etc. Taking Largactil Inj when you are on MAOI can cause low blood pressure and related problems such as dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, weakness, and a rapid heart rate....
Interactions with food items
- There are no known interactions of Largactil Inj with food. A regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Largactil Injection
Dosage of Largactil Injection
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have pain at the site of Largactil Inj. Is it normal?
Q: Is Largactil Inj addictive?
Q: Largactil Inj is making me feel dizzy. How should I deal with it?
- Chlorpromazine - (StatPearls) - (Bookshelf) - [Internet].NCBI [cited 24 March 2022]
- Chlorpromazine for schizophrenia: a Cochrane systematic review of 50 years of randomised controlled trials - (Articles) - [Internet].BMC Medicine [cited 24 March 2022]
- A REVIEW OF CHLORPROMAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE - (Educational Supplement September 1954) - [Internet].ScienceDirect [cited 24 March 2022]
- Chlorpromazine as Prophylaxis for Bipolar Disorder with Treatment- and Electroconvulsive Therapy-Refractory Mania: Old Horse, New Trick - (Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine) - (PMC Pubmed Central) - [Internet].National Library of Medicine [cited 24 March 2022]
- The Large Action of Chlorpromazine: Translational and Transdisciplinary Considerations in the Face of COVID-19 - (HYPOTHESIS AND THEORY article) - [Internet].Frontiers in pharmacology [cited 24 March 2022]