Lacryl Pf 2% Eye Gel
Lacryl Pf 2 % Description
Lacryl Pf Eye Gel is used to provide temporary relief from irritation, burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes. It contains carboxymethylcellulose (carmellose) as its main component. It act
s as a lubricant and helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using these Lacryl Pf Eye Gel, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
|You Save||₹20.78 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Carboxymethylcellulose / Carmellose(2.0 %)|
Uses of Lacryl Pf 2 %
Contraindications of Lacryl Pf 2 %
Side effects of Lacryl Pf 2 %
- Itching, irritation, redness, burning sensation in the eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Lacryl Pf 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using Lacryl Pf Eye Gel, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- You are using any other eye medications.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow Lacryl Pf Eye Gel, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Lacryl Pf 2 %
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. A decrease in the production of tears leads to drying of the eyes which can result in irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Lacryl Pf Eye Gel due to its high viscosity prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes and reducing the dryness....
Directions for Use of Lacryl Pf 2 %
- Use Lacryl Pf Eye Gel as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of Lacryl Pf 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Lacryl Pf 2 %
- Store Lacryl Pf Eye Gel at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lacryl Pf 2 %
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Lacryl Pf Eye Gel instil the drops as soon as you remember, if the next installation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Lacryl Pf Eye Gel?
Q: Can I use Lacryl Pf Eye Gel frequently?
Q: Can you use Lacryl Pf Eye Gel at night?
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]