Koligesic Mf Tablet
By DALES PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Koligesic Mf Tablet Description
Koligesic Mf Tablet is an anti-spasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or before menses. It is a combination medicine containing dicyclomine and mefenamic a
cid as its active ingredients. This tablet should not be used for more than 7 days if the pain persists consult your doctor. It preferably should be taken with food or after food. Koligesic Mf Tablets should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
|You Save||₹7.27 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg) + Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Muscle cramps, stomach cramps, period pains, etc.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg) + Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)
4 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Koligesic Mf Tablet
- Mecyclof Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.00₹ 16.0061.17% CHEAPER₹ 1.6/Tablet
- Mefezy D Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 27.00₹ 25.6537.86% CHEAPER₹ 2.56/Tablet
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.257.04% CHEAPER₹ 3.83/Tablet
- Coliza TabletBy Dwd Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.00₹ 34.0017.48% CHEAPER₹ 3.40/Tablet
Uses of Koligesic Mf Tablet
Koligesic Mf Tablet is used for relieving stomach cramps and painful menstruation (Dysmenorrhea)
Contraindications of Koligesic Mf Tablet
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, dicyclomine or any other ingredients of the Koligesic Mf Tablet.
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, bleeding in your stomach and intestines or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe liver, kidney or heart function problems.
- If you have experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have a problem in passing urine or obstruction or blockage in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles (Myasthenia gravis).
- If you have an eye condition of increased eye pressure (Glaucoma).
- This Tablet should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- It should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Koligesic Mf Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Koligesic Mf Tablet
Can I take Koligesic Mf Tablet during pregnancy?
Koligesic Mf Tablet should not be used in a pregnant woman as it can cause abnormalities in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour.
Can I take Koligesic Mf Tablet while breastfeeding?
You can take Koligesic Mf Tablet while breastfeeding as it is usually safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed Koligesic Mf Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking Koligesic Mf. Be cautious while driving or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Koligesic Mf Tablet?
Though there is no direct interaction of Koligesic Mf Tablet with alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat-related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or raised body temperature after taking this Tablet.
- You have existing liver and kidney function problems or bleeding disorders of the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease) and megacolon (abnormal dilation of the colon).
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine and women who are trying to conceive should also avoid this medicine.
- You experience some brain-related disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
- Koligesic Mf Tablet should not be used in infants or children below 6 months of age.
Mode of Action of Koligesic Mf Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Mefenamic acid works by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the production of prostaglandins responsible for the pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Dicyclomine acts on smooth muscles of bile duct, uterus, intestine and aids in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Koligesic Mf Tablet
- Koligesic Mf Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Koligesic Mf Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution as there are chances of increased bleeding upon longterm use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with this Tablet lead to low blood glucose.
- Koligesic Mf Tablet should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with this Tablet.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium if taken along with this Tablet can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may recommend for you to take Koligesic Mf Tablet with or after having your meals.
Storage and disposal of Koligesic Mf Tablet
- Store Koligesic Mf Tablet below 25°C
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines
- Discard unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain
Dosage of Koligesic Mf Tablet
An overdose of Koligesic Mf may cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, excitation, coma, drowsiness, ringing sound in the ears, fainting, occasionally fits or convulsions. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can we take Koligesic Mf Tablet in an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: What does Koligesic Mf Tablet contain?
A: Koligesic Mf Tablets contain a combination of dicyclomine and mefenamic acid. It is used to relieve menstrual pain and cramps and is also helpful for treating stomach cramps.
Q: When should you not take Koligesic Mf?
A: You should not take this medicine if you have existing liver and kidney function problems or bleeding disorders of the stomach or intestine. Dose adjustment of Koligesic Mf Tablet may be needed in such medical conditions.
Q: How long can we take Koligesic Mf?
A: Usually, Koligesic Mf is taken as per the need. However, it is advised to take this medicine in the exact dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. Overdosing of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, etc. Do not exceed the prescribed dose and duration.
Q: Does Koligesic Mf have any side effects?
A: Nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating, stomach pain, dizziness, dry mouth, etc. are a few common side effects that can be seen sometimes after taking this medicine. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, everyone doesn't have to experience the same.
- Bentyl Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Meftal Spas DS Tablet [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed