Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Kofarest Dx Syrup is used for temporary relief from cough due to throat irritation, sneezing & running nose. It is a combination of medicine containing chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as its active ingredients. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine whereas dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. You should avoid taking the Kofarest Dx Syrup with other medicines used to treat your psychiatric illness, as it may worsen your condition. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
|You Save||₹13.74 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Common cold and cough|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dizziness, upset stomach|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Uses of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Kofarest Dx Syrup gives short-term relief from sneezing, cough, or runny nose due to minor throat and airway irritation which occurs during common cold and other respiratory allergies.
Contraindications of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- In case you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan or any other components of this Syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent day time sleepiness)
- If you are taking or have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine, selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease) at least two weeks before starting treatment woth this Syrup . In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Kofarest Dx Syrup....
Side effects of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Upset stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Can I take Kofarest Dx Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Kofarest Dx Syrup in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this cough Syrup during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant. This Syrup should be used only if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I take Kofarest Dx Syrup while breastfeeding?
There is no safety information about the effects of Kofarest Dx Syrup during breastfeeding. Thus, it is unknown if the components of Kofarest Dx Syrup pass into human milk. You should consult your doctor before using cough Syrup during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Kofarest Dx Syrup?
Kofarest Dx Syrup produces blurring of vision and drowsiness as side effects. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Kofarest Dx Syrup?
Kofarest Dx Syrup may produce drowsiness or sleepiness as a side effect, so if you consume it along with alcohol, it may exaggerate the drowsiness or sleepiness. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this cough Syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a cough for a long time with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have eye problems like glaucoma (increase pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and a frequent urge to urinate (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. Be cautious while giving this Syrup to children.
- Older people should be cautious while using Kofarest Dx Syrup, as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this Syrup.
- It is not recommended to use this Syrup in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies such as sneezing or runny nose
- Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre) which when activated produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing
Directions for Use of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Take Kofarest Dx Syrup as directed by the doctor.
- Shake well before the use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Kofarest Dx Syrup should not be taken with a medicine called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness), and sweating. In such a situation patients should rush to a nearby hospital....
- Kofarest Dx Syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine), other antihistaminic medicines (Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution....
Interactions with food items
Do not consume grapefruit juice or any other products which might have grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Store Kofarest Dx Syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Please protect it from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Kofarest Dx Linctus Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Overdose of Kofarest Dx Syrup may cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeats, confusion, hallucination, nervousness, seizures, fits and difficulty in releasing urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive quantity of this Syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Kofarest Dx Syrup may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Kofarest Dx Syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
A: No, you should not use Kofarest Dx Syrup if you are taking medicines for mental illness.
Q: How long does it take for Kofarest Dx Syrup to show its action?
A: It can start showing its action approximately after 2 hours of consumption. However, it varies among individuals depending on their physiological nature.
Q: Can I take Kofarest Dx Syrup if I have an eye problem?
A: Kofarest Dx Syrup contains chlorpheniramine, it increases the pressure in the eye and thus decreases the effectiveness of glaucoma medicines. So it is always advisable to talk to your doctor about your eye problem before using this Syrup.
Q: How long do I need to take Kofarest Dx Syrup?
A: You should take Kofarest Dx Syrup in the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take an excess dose as it may cause undesired effects. Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not ease or there is a relapse with headache, fever, and rash even after using the cough Syrup for 7 days.
Q: Is it safe to use Kofarest Dx Syrup while breastfeeding?
A: Kofarest Dx Syrup should not be used during breastfeeding, as there is no sufficient data about whether the medicine passes through the breastmilk.
- Pfizer. Corex D Syrup [Internet]. Pfizerpro.com [cited 11 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Children's Accudial [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- New Tixylix syrup (Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide) [Internet]. Labeling.pfizer.com. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.