Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
By WALLACE PHARMACEUTICALS
10g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Klynx Gel is a topical antibiotic used to treat acne. It contains clindamycin as an active component. Clindamycin helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. It is meant only for external ap
plication and should be applied exactly as recommended by the doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects while using Klynx Gel, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to the doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen....
Uses of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
Klynx Gel for the treatment of acne.
Contraindications of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
- If you have an allergy to clindamycin, lincomycin or other ingredients of the Klynx Gel.
- If you have a digestive disorder like inflammation in the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
Can I use Klynx Gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of the medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use Klynx Gel unless it is prescribed by the doctor.
Can I use Klynx Gel while breastfeeding?
Klynx Gel needs to be applied to the skin. Hence, it may pass into the breastmilk. However, it should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there may be chances of ingestion by a breastfed infant. Avoid using on large areas of skin for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Klynx Gel?
Klynx Gel is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol during the treatment with Klynx Gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Klynx Gel.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after using Klynx Gel
- You are using products containing benzoyl peroxide because concomitant use should be avoided.
- You should not apply it on the eyes, mouth, and cuts or wounds on your skin, as caution should be exercised when applying medication around the areas.
- You may have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised.
- You may experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest you discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
How Does It Work?
Clindamycin in Klynx Gel acts by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which is required by bacteria to grow and its function. Hence, it stops the growth of bacteria and prevents spreading.
Directions for Use of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
- Klynx Gel is meant for external use only.
- Use as directed by a doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions from the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds; rub it gently.
- Wash hands before and after using the medicine unless the hands are the area to be treated.
- Do not use it for a longer time than the doctor suggested.
- Do not apply on windburned or sunburned skin or open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- In case the eyes come in contact with the medicine rinse the eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Klynx Gel is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, may interact with other topical medicines. Discuss with the doctorif you are already on other topical medicines....Read more
- Concomitant use of the medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, and fluindione may increase blood clotting time.
- If you are going to have surgery in those cases, anaesthetics or medicines used to paralyse the muscles should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
- Store Klynx Gel below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Klynx 1% Gel 10gm
- As Klynx Gel is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you applied extra quantity then wipe out the excess with tissue or cotton....Read more
Missed a Dose
- If you missed applying Klynx Gel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply the medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying for Klynx Gel?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than the doctor has suggested.
- Do not apply Klynx Gel on windburned, sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eye area, lips or inside of the nose.
- Rub it gently and well.
- Wash the hands after applying it.
Q: For how long do I need to apply Klynx Gel?
A: Keep using Klynx Gel for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a short time. If you stop using the medicine too soon, your acne may return or get worse.
Q: Can I put Klynx Gel in the freezer?
A: No, do not let Klynx Gel freeze, as it may alter its efficacy. Store it at room temperature only.
Q: Can I apply Klynx Gel in an excess amount for fast healing?
A: No, if you use Klynx Gel more often than recommended or on large areas of the body, it may cause hormonal imbalance. In children, this may affect the growth and development. Usually, it is not used for children below 12 years old unless it is prescribed by a dermatologist depending upon the clinical condition.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin Phosphate Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin (Topical Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:42 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved