Ketocip 1% Shampoo 100ml
By CIPLA GX
100ml Shampoo in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ketocip Shampoo contains ketoconazole, an antifungal medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff and flaky scalp. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhibits its growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. Ketocip Shampoo should be used as advised by your doctor....
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ketocip 1% Shampoo 100ml
Uses of Ketocip 1 %
Ketocip Shampoo is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff.
Contraindications of Ketocip 1 %
If you are allergic to Ketoconazole or any other contents of this medicine
Side effects of Ketocip 1 %
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Ketocip 1 %
Can I use Ketocip Shampoo during pregnancy?
Ketocip Shampoo should not be used during pregnancy unless considered necessary by your doctor. Do not use without consulting your doctor.
Can I use Ketocip Shampoo while breastfeeding?
Use of Ketocip Shampoo by the mother poses little or no risk to the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have used Ketocip Shampoo?
The use of Ketocip Shampoo does not impact your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol if I am using Ketocip Shampoo?
Avoid the use of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, become worse or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes. If it does, wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- If you are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Mode of Action of Ketocip 1 %
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole is an antifungal medicine. Dandruff is caused by a fungus Malassezia residing on the scalp. It inhibits the growth of fungus and yeasts by altering the permeability of fungal cell membranes. Hence, it prevents the growth of fungus and yeast. It results in the death of a fungal cell....
Directions for Use of Ketocip 1 %
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Ketocip Shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- If Ketocip Shampoo does get into the eyes, they should be bathed gently with cold water.
Interactions of Ketocip 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
If you were on any steroid creams for a prolonged time, it is recommended to withdraw it over 2-3 weeks, while using Ketocip Shampoo, to prevent worsening of an underlying condition.
Storage and disposal of Ketocip 1 %
- Store the Ketocip Shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date.
Dosage of Ketocip 1 %
As Ketocip Shampoo is only for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Ketocip Shampoo, apply it the next time you wash your hair. Do not over apply the shampoo just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Ketocip Shampoo?
A: Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Rinse your hair and scalp with water
Q: Is Ketocip Shampoo good for hair?
A: Dandruff makes your hair brittle and causes hair to fall. Ketocip Shampoo will help you to get rid of dandruff.
Q: Does Ketoconazole work on severe dandruff?
A: Ketoconazole is effective in controlling mild, moderate and severe dandruff. It also reduces flaking, scaling and itching.
Q: Can Ketocip Shampoo be used on coloured hair?
A: Yes, it can be used on coloured hair.
Q: Will Ketocip Shampoo cure dandruff permanently?
A: Ketocip Shampoo will help control and get rid of dandruff. Keeping the scalp clean, proper head massages, not using harsh shampoos or hair colour and taking appropriate supplements along with Ketocip Shampoo shall help get rid of dandruff.
Q: Can both men and women use Ketocip Shampoo?
A: Yes, both men and women can use Ketocip Shampoo.
Q: How often should I wash my hair?
A: Dry hair types should shampoo a maximum of two times a week, while oily hair types may require washing daily.
Q: Which fruit is good for hair growth?
A: The best sources are blackcurrants, blueberries, broccoli, guava, kiwi, oranges, papaya, strawberries and sweet potatoes. Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen which strengthens the capillaries that supply the hair shaft.
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Ketoconazole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
- Ketoconazole (Topical Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
- Ketoconazole: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
- Ketomac Shampoo [Internet]. Ketomac.co.in. 2021 [ Cited 01.April.2021]
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
- Ketoconazole Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 13 August 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.