Ketoalfa Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ketoalfa 200 MG Description
Ketoalfa Tablet is a prescription medicine containing Alpha ketoanalogue as an active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of chronic kidney disease and diabetic kidney disease. Alpha ketoanalogue
contains essential amino acids and calcium amino acids, which is required in severe kidney diseases (or chronic Kidney Diseases). Ketoalfa Tablet is used as a supplement to low protein diets. It should be taken with meals. Ketoalfa Tablet can increase the calcium level as a side effect so the doctor may advise avoiding a calcium-rich diet. Sometimes doctors may ask for a few blood tests like lipid profile test or calcium test during the treatment.
Uses of Ketoalfa 200 MG
Contraindications of Ketoalfa 200 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredient of Ketoalfa Tablet.
- If you have a high level of calcium in the blood.
- If you have deficient protein metabolism.
Side effects of Ketoalfa 200 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Ketoalfa 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of inherited blood disease.
- You need to monitor the calcium levels regularly during the treatment because sometimes Ketoalfa Tablet leads to high levels of calcium in the body.
- You are taking antacid medicines along with this medicine, you make require to monitor phosphate level in blood.
- You should take adequate calories during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Ketoalfa 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ketoalfa 200 MG
- Take Ketoalfa Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food but it should ideally be taken with a meal.
Interactions of Ketoalfa 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of calcium-containing supplements should be avoided, as it may increase the calcium level in the body.
- Medicines like ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin and medicines containing iron should not be taken along with Ketoalfa Tablet. There should be at least two hours gap between these medicines and Ketoalfa Tablet....
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements before starting with Ketoalfa Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ketoalfa 200 MG
- Store at room temperature.
- Store it in original packaging to protect it from moisture.