Kanam 1gm Inj
By FLAMINGO PHARMACEUTICALS
Non ReturnableRead More
Kanam 1gm Inj contains meropenem, an antibiotic.
Uses of Kanam 1gm Inj
It is used for severe, serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria. It is not to be used for normal infections.
Contraindications of Kanam 1gm Inj
- If you are allergic to meropenem or any other ingredients of this injection
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines known as carbapenems
- If you are allergic to medicines like penicillins & cephalosporins
Side effects of Kanam 1gm Inj
- Loose motions
- Stomach pain
- Swelling and irritation at injection site
- Increased blood platelet count
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes (monitored by blood test)
- Abnormal sensation in skin (Pricking & tingling)
Precautions and Warnings of Kanam 1gm Inj
Can I take Kanam 1gm Inj during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby. Your doctor will decide if this medicine can be given to you after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Kanam 1gm Inj while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in human milk in low amount; thus, it is advised not to take this medicine when you are breastfeeding. However, your doctor may give you this medicine after assessing the benefit over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Kanam 1gm Inj?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you have a headache, fits or abnormal skin sensations like tingling & pricking, it is advised not to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Kanam 1gm Inj?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diarrhea after taking & during treatment
- You have sudden severe allergic reaction (rashes, itching, swelling, dizziness, breathlessness)
- You have existing liver or kidney disease
- You have fits and other brain problems
- You skin allergy after taking this medicine
Mode of Action of Kanam 1gm Inj
How Does It Work?
It works by stopping the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Kanam 1gm Inj
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Kanam 1gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid
- Medicines used to treat fits like valproic acid
- Medicine used to prevent blood from clotting like warfarin
Storage and disposal of Kanam 1gm Inj
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect if from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Kanam 1gm Inj
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection, therefore it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine.
- However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Meropenem?
A: Inform the doctor about your detailed medical, surgical and allergy history. Inform your physician if you have any of the conditions like kidney disease, history of head injury, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
Q: I have fever, cough and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is not for normal infections. It is for serious complicated infections like pneumonia etc. Also, it is not helpful against viruses or flu.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved