Junirest Syrup 60ml
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Junirest Syrup 60ml Description
Junirest Syrup is used for short-term relief from cough. It is also used for treating irritation in the throat, sneezing & blocked nose due to an allergy or cold. The Syrup contains three active ingr
edients, namely chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and phenylephrine. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy. Junirest is effective for treating dry cough. Shake it well before use. Take this Syrup as directed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about all the past medical and medication history, before initiating the treatment with Junirest.
|You Save||₹28.12 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine + Dextromethorphan + Phenylephrine|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, dry mouth, itching, rashes, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Chlorpheniramine + Dextromethorphan + Phenylephrine
Uses of Junirest Syrup 60ml
Junirest Syrup is used for relieving cough, throat irritation, sneezing, watery eyes, a runny or stuffed nose due to cold and allergy.
Contraindications of Junirest Syrup 60ml
- If you have a known allergy to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and phenylephrine or any ingredient of this Syrup.
- If you have high blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- If you have a serious airway related infection or asthma (this Syrup should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- If you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from a urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This Syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Junirest Syrup 60ml
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Junirest Syrup 60ml
Can I take Junirest Syrup during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should avoid taking this Syrup as there is no safety information available on the use of Junirest Syrup during pregnancy.
Can I take Junirest Syrup while breastfeeding?
Junirest Syrup should not be used by breastfeeding women as components of this Syrup may pass into breastmilk and can harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Junirest Syrup?
You may feel dizzy or drowsy after taking this medicine. It is not recommended to drive after using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Junirest Syrup?
Avoid alcohol consumption with this Syrup as it can make you feel more dizzy and drowsy. It is recommended to avoid alcoholic beverages during the treatment and discuss with your doctor if you consume alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have an enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
Mode of Action of Junirest Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Junirest Syrup works by the combined effect of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant, it acts on a specific part of the cough centre or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substances....
Directions for Use of Junirest Syrup 60ml
- Take Junirest Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume Junirest Syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Junirest Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Junirest Syrup should not be consumed with or at least after two weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline, etc. ...
- Medicines (antibiotics) used to treat infections like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam and baclofen should not be taken along with this Syrup.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Junirest Syrup 60ml
- Store the Syrup at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Junirest Syrup 60ml
Symptoms of an overdose can be agitation, confusion, fits, drowsiness, fusing and twitching of muscles. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this Syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Junirest Syrup for Dry cough?
A: Yes, Junirest Syrup can be used for dry cough. However, it is important to consult the doctor before using this medicine.
Q: Does Junirest Syrup contain steroids?
A: No, it does not contain any steroidal component.
Q: I feel drowsy and dizzy after taking Junirest Syrup, is it normal ?
A: Yes, drowsiness and dizziness are among the side-effects caused on taking Junirest Syrup. Consult your doctor if symptoms get severe.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Tordex Cough Syrup - Oral Liquids - Torque Pharma [Internet]. Torquepharma.com. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Phenylepinephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed