Isotret 20mg Capsule
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Isotret Capsule contains isotretinoin as an active ingredient. It is used to treat severe forms of acne when other therapies like antibiotic therapies are not responsive. Isotretinoin is a derivative
of vitamin A. Take as suggested by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Acne is a skin problem most of us experience. To reduce the spread of acne, you must incorporate basic skin hygiene into the routine. Clean the face gently with a mild soap/facewash, limit the use of oil-based or greasy cosmetics and avoid rubbing, scratching or squeezing pimples. Before using Isotret Capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning for a baby or are breastfeeding and regarding the detailed medical history....
Uses of Isotret 20mg Capsule
Isotret Capsule is used to treat severe forms of acne and acne unresponsive to antibiotic therapy.
Contraindications of Isotret 20mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or other components of this medicine.
- If you have liver or pancreas problems.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- If you have higher levels of lipid in the blood.
- If you have abnormal levels of vitamin A in the body.
- Antibiotics from class tetracycline must not be used along with this medicine.
Side effects of Isotret 20mg Capsule
- Dry eyes
- Eye irritation
- Nasal dryness
- Dry skin
- Muscle pains
Precautions and Warnings of Isotret 20mg Capsule
Can I take Isotret Capsule during pregnancy?
Avoid this medicine during pregnancy as it may cause fetal harm. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or planning for a baby before initiating treatment with this medicine. If you become pregnant while taking the treatment inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Isotret Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of this medicine passes in breast milk. To avoid possible risk breastfeeding must be discontinued while receiving treatment with this medicine.
Can I drive after consuming Isotret Capsule?
This medicine cause decreased night vision. Avoid driving and operating machinery during the nights.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Isotret Capsule?
No information is available about the interaction of this medicine with alcohol. Consult the doctor if you have a habit of drinking alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from psychiatric disorders like anxiety, mood changes, etc.
- You are a male partner taking this medicine, it may harm the female partner's, unborn baby.
- You may experience dry eyes or vision problem while taking this medicine.
- You suffer from joint and body ache following treatment with this medicine.
- You are a woman of childbearing age. The effective contraceptive measure must be used while taking this medicine.
- You suffer from diabetes, obesity, liver or intestine disease.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and ultraviolet lights.
- You have an abnormal white blood cell count.
- You must not donate the blood during the treatment and for at least 1 month after the treatment.
- Isotret Capsule must not be given to children under 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Isotret 20mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Isotret Capsule works by decreasing oil production on the skin which is the main cause of acne. It slows down the production of natural substances that cause acne.
Directions for Use of Isotret 20mg Capsule
- This medicine may be taken with food. Follow the instructions given by the doctor.
- Take this medicine regularly for optimal results.
Interactions of Isotret 20mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Isotret Capsule works or this medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Inform the physician regarding a planned surgery or vaccination schedule....Read more
- Vitamin A supplements, certain birth control pills and antibiotics must not be taken while taking this medicine.
- Medicines used for seizures like phenytoin and steroids must be used with caution as they cause weak bones if taken along.
Storage and disposal of Isotret 20mg Capsule
- Store at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Isotret 20mg Capsule
Symptoms of overdose are vomiting, facial flushing, abdominal pain, headache, dizziness, etc must be reported to the treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always take the package of the medicine along w
ith you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You must never miss a dose of this medicine and take the missed dose as soon as possible. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I need to use Isotret Capsule?
A: The duration of this medicine depends on the response to treatment. Follow the doctor's instructions and avoid stopping this medicine on your own. If you stop using it too soon, the acne may return or get worse.
Q: What is Isotret Capsule used for?
A: This medicine is used to treat severe forms of acne and acne that are not responsive to antibiotic therapy.
Q: Is Isotret Capsule safe to take in pregnancy?
A: Avoid this medicine during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or planning for a baby before taking this medicine. If you become pregnant while taking the treatment inform the doctor.
Q: Can I take Isotret Capsule with food?
A: Take the medicine with or without food. Take this medicine as directed by the doctor.
Q: What precautions must I follow while taking this medicine?
A: Avoid cosmetic procedures to smooth the skin, including waxing, dermabrasion or laser procedures, while you are taking this medicine and for at 6 months after treatment. Avoid sunlight and ultraviolet lights and avoid giving this medicine to others with a similar problem.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:24 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved