Ismo Retard 40mg Tablet
Ismo Retard 40 MG Description
Ismo Retard tablet is an anti-anginal medicine. It contains isosorbide mononitrate as the active ingredient. Ismo Retard tablet prevents heart-related chest pain (angina pectoris). Angina occurs when
there is a reduced blood supply to the heart. Symptoms may include a tight pain in the chest, radiating towards the neck or arm area. Ismo Retard tablet works by widening the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow to the heart. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Ismo Retard tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, and about your complete medical history. This medicine is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Uses of Ismo Retard 40 MG
Contraindications of Ismo Retard 40 MG
- If you are allergic to isosorbide mononitrate or any ingredients of Ismo Retard tablet.
- If you have disorders of the heart muscles or any problems with the proper working of the heart.
- If you are taking medicines called phosphodiesterase inhibitors (like sildenafil) for the management of erectile dysfunction. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor. ...
- If you have low blood pressure or reduced blood flow to the brain.
- If you have a low number of red blood cells (anaemia).
- If you had a heart attack, head injury (trauma), or brain haemorrhage (bleeding in the brain) .
- If you have a low blood volume.
- If you have poor blood circulation around your body.
- If you have increased pressure in your eyes called glaucoma
Side effects of Ismo Retard 40 MG
- Lack of energy
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ismo Retard 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure or conditions that can lead to reduced blood pressure such as shock, thyroid disorder, anaemia, or increased pressure inside the brain.
- You are more susceptible to fainting upon reduced blood flow.
- Your thyroid gland is not working properly and producing fewer thyroid hormones.
- You are weak and malnourished.
- You have kidney or liver disorders.
- You have very low body temperature or poor blood circulation.
Mode of Action of Ismo Retard 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ismo Retard 40 MG
- Ismo Retard tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Ismo Retard 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way how Ismo Retard tablet works or this medicine itself might affect the working of other medicines.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of medicines used for erectile dysfunction such as sildenafil, alprostadil with Ismo Retard tablet can increase the widening of blood vessels and significantly lower blood pressure.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol), calcium channel blockers (nifedipine, diltiazem), vasodilators (glyceryl trinitrate, methyldopa), angiotensin receptor blockers (olmesartan medoxomil, candesartan cilexetil) can result in a significant reduction in blood pressure....
- Certain medicines used for the treatment of mood disorders, psychosis, and migraine should be used cautiously and the patient should be watched for the symptoms of low blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Ismo Retard 40 MG
- Store Ismo Retard tablet below 30°C in its original container.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ismo Retard 40 MG
- Taking too much of Ismo Retard tablet may lead to very low blood pressure and can make you feel sick, dizzy, and faint.
- If you happen to take too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearby hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking Ismo Retard tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ismo Retard tablet be cut in half?
Q: What is the composition of Ismo Retard tablet?
Q: How does Ismo Retard tablet work?
- Isosorbide mononitrate 20mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 31 October 2022]
- AstraZeneca. Imdur Tablets. PI - [Internet]. Astrazeneca.com. 2022 [cited 31 October 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 31 October 2022]