Intraspas Tablets Description
Intraspas Tablet is a combination medicine used for relieving pain. It is used to relieve pain associated with muscles and joints, headache, migraine and back pain. This Tablet contains mefenamic aci
d and paracetamol as its active molecules. It works by reducing the formation of certain chemicals that causes the sensation of pain. This Tablet is also useful in treating pain due to sprain, strain and injury, post-operative pain and dental pain. Intraspas should be taken as suggested by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose of this medicine.
|You Save||₹4.57 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid + Paracetamol|
Uses of Intraspas Tablets
- Dental pain
- Post-operative pain
- Traumatic pain
- Sprain and strain
Contraindications of Intraspas Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Intraspas.
- If you are suffering from inflammation in the digestive tract.
- If you have or had stomach ulcers.
- If you have asthma or experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- Intraspas Tablet should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy.
- Intraspas Tablet should not be used for managing pain before, during and after heart surgery.
Side effects of Intraspas Tablets
- Skin rashes
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Intraspas Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You have an ulcer in your stomach or intestine or perforations in the digestive tract.
- You may experience changes in blood count or anaemia.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure.
- You have a history of asthma or allergic reactions.
- You have fluid retention in your body (oedema).
- You have a heart condition or stroke.
- Taking more than the daily dose of Intraspas may cause serious liver damage or allergic reactions, especially if you are consuming multiple products containing paracetamol or you consume alcohol too often....
Mode of Action of Intraspas Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Intraspas Tablets
- Intraspas Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Intraspas Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Intraspas Tablet works or the Intraspas Tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Especially when taken along with medicines like Metoclopramide, Domperidone, Warfarin, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers, can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine, if taken along with the Intraspas can lead to low blood glucose.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like Cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol.
- Intraspas Tablets should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with the Intraspas Tablets.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Intraspas Tablets
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.