Inmecin Ir 25mg Tablet
Inmecin Ir 25 MG Description
Inmecin Ir Tablet is a painkiller medicine. It is used for the treatment of different forms of arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, strain, sprain, sports injury and other musculoskeletal pain. It cont
ains indomethacin which is an anti-inflammatory medicine. It helps in providing relief from pain, swelling and inflammation in bones, joints and muscles. It improves swelling, pain, stiffness and difficulty in movement. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take this Tablet with or after meals to avoid stomach upset. Some common side effects of Inmecin Ir Tablet tablet are headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor.
Uses of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
- For the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis
- For the treatment of Osteoarthritis
- For the treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis
- For the treatment of Degenerative joint disease
- For the treatment of Gout and lumbago
- For the treatment of pain after orthopaedic surgeries
Contraindications of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
- If you are allergic to Indometacin or any other ingredient of Inmecin Ir.
- If you have experienced asthma, running nose, swelling and rashes on skin after using any pain killer.
- If you have ulcers or a history of frequent ulcers or bleeding in the stomach after using pain killer.
- If you have serious heart, kidney or liver-related disorder.
- If you have small non-cancerous outgrowth in the nose known as nasal polyps.
- If you are in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are using other pain killers containing paracetamol.
- You have high blood pressure or related heart disorder.
- You have kidney and blood-related issues.
- You have an existing infection or asthma.
- You are using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- You have any eye-related disorders or experience eye-related issues.
- You have Rheumatoid disease characterised by severe pain in the joints If you are an elderly patient.
- You have ulcers in the digestive system.
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus characterised by severe weakness.
Mode of Action of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
- Inmecin Ir Tablet should be swallowed whole with plenty of fluid
- They should be taken with or after food
Interactions of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other painkillers such as aspirin with Inmecin Ir Tablet can increase the risk of side effects.
- Effect of Inmecin Ir Tablet can be reduced when used with antacids.
- Inmecin Ir if taken along with warfarin may be increased and the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for brain disorders such as Fluoxetine and Citalopram can increase the risk of bleeding with Inmecin Ir.
- Blood glucose lowering action of anti-diabetics like Glimepiride, Glyburide is increased if taken along with Inmecin Ir.
- Anti-coagulants like Aspirin, Clopidogrel if taken along with this capsule can increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestine.
- Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure, when used together with this medicine can worsen the condition of heart.
- Steroidal medicines like corticosteroids such as Betamethasone and Prednisone increased risk of bleeding and ulcer formation when taken together with this medicine.
- Medicine used for High blood pressure like Enalapril, Quinapril, Losartan and Telmisartan when used together with this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Mifepristone should not be used with this medicine as the effect of mifepristone may be decreased.
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin can increase the risk of fits when used together with Inmecin Ir.
- Tacrolimus a medicine given after transplantation surgeries to prevent organ rejections, when given with this medicine can increase the risk of kidney-related issues.
- Other medicines like certain antibiotics, antiviral, antigout, medicines used for related brain disorders, muscle relaxants, anticancer and immunomodulators may interfere with the action of Inmecin Ir or increase the risk of toxicity or some complications. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines....
Storage and disposal of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
- Store Inmecin Ir Tablets at room temperature away from light.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Inmecin Ir 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Inmecin Ir Tablets?
Q: Is Inmecin Ir Tablet a painkiller?
Q: Does Inmecin Ir Tablet cause headache?
Q: Is Inmecin Ir a steroid?
Q: How long do I need to take Inmecin Ir Tablet before I see improvement in my conditions?
Q: How long we can take Inmecin Ir?
Q: What is the composition of Inmecin Ir?
- Indomethacin Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Indomethacin Capsules, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Indometacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Indomethacin Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]