Hospicin B 50mg Injection
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hospicin B 50 MG Description
Hospicin B Injection is an antifungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. Amphotericin B is prescribed for the treatment of serious fungal infections. This medicine works
by slowing down the growth of fungus. Hospicin B Injection is to be administered by a doctor or nurse in a clinical setting only. The doses and duration are determined by the doctor after accessing your condition. Inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
|You Save||₹1185.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amphotericin B(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Serious fungal infections, kala-azar|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, rash, chills|
Check more medicines with composition as Amphotericin B(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Hospicin B 50 MG
- Serious fungal infections
- Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis)
Contraindications of Hospicin B 50 MG
If you are allergic to amphotericin B or ingredients present along with it.
Side effects of Hospicin B 50 MG
- Decrease in serum potassium levels
- Pain or swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Hospicin B 50 MG
Can I take Hospicin B Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about use of the Hospicin B Injection in pregnant women.
Can I take Hospicin B Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of this medicine passes in breastmilk. Consult your doctor before taking this injection if you are a lactating woman.
Can I drive if I have taken Hospicin B Injection?
This injection is usually given to an individual who is being treated in a healthcare set up and their health condition may not allow them to drive. However, Hospicin B Injection does not have any effect on the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Hospicin B Injection?
Although the interaction of the Hospicin B Injection with alcohol is not known, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney-related disorder.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- Amphotericin B must not be used for superficial fungal infections.
- When on treatment with the Hospicin B Injection, your doctor may ask you to perform blood tests to monitor your potassium, magnesium levels and kidney function.
Mode of Action of Hospicin B 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Hospicin B Injection contains amphotericin B, an antifungal medicine. Amphotericin B binds to the fungal cells and makes them more porous that leads to the leakage of cell components and fungal cell death....
Directions for Use of Hospicin B 50 MG
- Hospicin B Injection will be administered by a doctor in a clinical or a hospital setting.
- Please follow any after-care instructions given by your doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Hospicin B 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Hospicin B works or Hospicin B itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat cancer, high blood pressure, heart conditions, immunosuppressants, pain killers, muscle relaxants and steroids.
Storage and disposal of Hospicin B 50 MG
- Store it in temperatures between 2-8 degrees celsius away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Hospicin B 50 MG
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional. The likelihood of an overdose is very low.
Missed a Dose
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional at the appropriate time in a hospital or clinic. The likelihood of missing a dose is very low.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Hospicin B Injection?
A: Hospicin B Injection is an anti-fungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. It is used to treat serious fungal infections or visceral leishmaniasis commonly known as kala-azar in India.
Q: How is Hospicin B Injection given?
A: Hospicin B Injection is given as an intravenous injection or infusion by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. An allergy test is usually performed by administering an initial test dose before initiating the treatment. If no allergic reactions develop, the doctor or nurse will continue with the treatment.
Q: How Hospicin B Injection works?
A: Hospicin B Injection is an antifungal medicine containing amphotericin B as its active ingredient. It works by binding to the fungal cells and makes them more porous leading to the leakage of cell components and fungal cell death.
- Ampholip [Internet]. Bharatserums.com. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- AmBisome Liposomal 50 mg Powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021]
- DailyMed - AMBISOME- amphotericin b injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed