Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet Description
Hifen Plus 200 tablet contains a combination of cefixime and ofloxacin as its active ingredients. It is an antibiotic medicine. It works by inhibiting the growth of causative organisms. Take it in th
e prescribed dose and for the exact duration. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it can result in treatment failure and increase the risk of reinfection. Inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions and are on any other medications.
Uses of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
Contraindications of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefixime, ofloxacin, cephalosporins like cefuroxime, fluoroquinolones like ciprofloxacin or any other ingredients of Hifen Plus 200 tablet.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain-related disorders.
- If you have a history of tendon disorder.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity).
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
- There is limited information about the effect of Hifen Plus 200 tablets on pregnancy. Thus, avoid using unless prescribed by the doctor. Always consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy....
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine.
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis.
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency).
- You have problems related to the liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of the tissue which connects muscles to the bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis.
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis).
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts.
- You experience suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease.
- You are diabetic taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances.
- Hifen Plus 200 tablets should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
Mode of Action of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
- Hifen Plus 200 tablet should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Complete the course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Hifen Plus 200 tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking the acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.
- The risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicines to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen).
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin....
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicines for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience a tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
- Store Hifen Plus 200 tablets below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Hifen Plus 200mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Hifen Plus 200 tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: Are there any specific cautions needed when taking Hifen Plus 200 tablet?
Q: Can the use of Hifen Plus 200 tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Hifen Plus 200 tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....
Q: Can I stop taking Hifen Plus 200 tablet when I feel better?
- OMNIX O Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]