Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
By TORQUE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml contains Progesterone, a natural female hormone.
Uses of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
Menstrual irregularities or abnormal bleeding caused by hormonal imbalance.
Contraindications of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
- If you have an allergy to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of the medicine
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer
- If you experience vaginal bleeding
- If you are suffering from heart disease or clots in blood vessels
- If you are suffering from porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes)
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke
- If you have liver disease
- If you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
- Spotting a change in body weight
- Pain, redness at site of injection
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain
- Hot flushes (feeling sudden warmth over face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
Can I take Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml while breastfeeding?
Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml?
This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore caution is advised while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml?
It is unknown if drinking alcohol is safe when you are taking Progesterone. However, it is advised not to drink alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids
- You notice changes in breast or nipple
- You have liver problems
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy) or asthma
- You have or had depression
- You have asthma
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases
- Your skin is sensitive to light
- You develop yellowing of eyes or skin
- You notice visual disturbance
Mode of Action of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine replenishes the female hormone i.e. progesterone which is required for normal functioning of the uterus, menses and fertility.
Directions for Use of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine)
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin)
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir)
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine)
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine)
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone)
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione)
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives
- Medicines used to treat anxiety disorders (Diazepam)
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine)
Storage and disposal of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
- Store below 25°C
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Hernmp 50mg Inj 1ml
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking this medicine?
- This medicine can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer
- Check your breast regularly for changes in nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine can also increase the risk of heart disease, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in chest or pain in legs and inability to walk
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Progesterone?
- Yes, if you are going to have a surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Progesterone as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the riskof blood clots...Read more
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved