Healol Powder 10gm
Healol Powder 10gm Description
Healol Powder contains Metronidazole and Povidone-iodine, used to treat wounds and burns of the skin. It works by killing the microorganisms. Healol Powder is for external use only. Before and after
applying this medicine, wash your hands and keep the affected area clean and dry. Avoid contact with the eye. It should be used as prescribed by your doctor for the defined duration. If you experience skin irritation after applying this medicine, talk to your doctor.
Uses of Healol Powder 10gm
Contraindications of Healol Powder 10gm
- If you are allergic to Metronidazole, Iodine, Povidone or any other component of Healol Powder.
- If you have thyroid disease.
Side effects of Healol Powder 10gm
- Skin irritation
- Redness of skin
- Metallic taste
- Tingling or numbness of extremities
Precautions and Warnings of Healol Powder 10gm
Other General Warnings
- You had any allergic result with a similar class of medicine
- You have or had any blood disorders
- You have any other medical condition
Mode of Action of Healol Powder 10gm
How Does It Work?
- Healol Powder contains Metronidazole and Povidone-Iodine.
- Metronidazole is an antibiotic, works by stopping the growth of the bacteria (or parasites), causing the infection.
- Povidone-Iodine is an antiseptic, works slowly by releasing iodine, which kills or prevents the growth of the microorganisms.
Directions for Use of Healol Powder 10gm
- Use Healol Powder as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only. Apply it on clean and dry affected skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Healol Powder 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Healol Powder 10gm
- Store Healol Powder at a temperature below 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Healol Powder 10gm
- Excessive of Healol Powder may cause skin irritation.
- As Healol Powder is meant for external application, cases of overapplication are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.