Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment Description
Halox S Ointment is a topical medicine used for the management of plaque psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that causes red, itchy, scaly patches, most commonly seen on the elbows, trunk,
knees, and scalp. This medication is available as an ointment to apply topically on the skin. Halox S Ointment contains Salicylic Acid and Halobetasol/Ulobetasol as their active ingredients. This combination of medicine works by reducing the production of chemical transmitters responsible for swelling and itching. It is to be applied exactly as suggested by the physician. It is available as an ointment/cream. Avoid contact with medicine on your eyes, nose and mouth. The physician should be consulted immediately if the patient experiences any side effects, the condition worsens or in case of allergic side effects. The medicine should be continued for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to follow the complete course of treatment; otherwise, your symptoms could reappear. Inform your doctor about all your current prescription medicines and pre-existing medical illnesses.
|You Save||₹23.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Halobetasol / Ulobetasol(0.05 %W/W) + Salicyclic Acid(3.0 %W/W)|
|Uses||Management of Plaque Psoriasis.|
|Side effects||Burning, Itching, Irritation, Redness, or Dryness of the Skin, Allergic Reactions; Burning Sensation at the site of application, Change in Skin Colour.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
Uses of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
Contraindications of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
- If you are allergic to any component of the Halox S Ointment, i.e. Salicylic Acid and Halobetasol.
- If you have Cushing's syndrome.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
- Burning, Itching, Irritation, Redness, or Dryness of the Skin.
- Allergic Reactions
- Burning Sensation at the site of application.
- Change in Skin Colour.
Precautions and Warnings of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Halox S Ointment.
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
- Halox S Ointment is for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of Halox S Ointment over the affected area or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Apply Halox S Ointment onto the infected area only.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
- Until your doctor advises, there is no need to use a dressing or bandage.
- Wash your hands before and after the application of Halox S Ointment.
- Avoid application of Halox S Ointment on damaged or broken skin
Interactions of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
Interactions with other medicines
- Talk to your doctor about what prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, and nutritional supplements you’re taking or plan to take as there is a chance of medicine interaction. Other medicines can interact with Halox S Ointment, making it less effective or increasing side effects....
Storage and disposal of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
Dosage of Halox S Tube Of 10gm Ointment
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I apply more Halox S Ointment at once to relieve my symptoms quickly?
Q: Can I discontinue applying Halox S Ointment on my own after I see improvement in my skin condition?
- Drugs H. Halobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Awad N, Preuss C. Halobetasol Cream [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Salicylic Acid Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]