Haldol 5mg Tablets
Haldol 5 MG Description
Haldol 5 mg Tablet treats schizophrenia (a psychological disorder in which an individual develops unreal behavior and thoughts). It works by preventing chemical messenger dopamine from influencing em
otions and moods in the brain. Mania, psychosis, and serious behavioral issues in children and adults can all be treated with Haldol 5 mg Tablet. It can be taken without or with food, and it's best if you take it at the same time every day. This helps in maintaining a constant level of medication in the body. Agitation, sleeplessness, extrapyramidal symptoms, muscle spasms, and headaches are this medication's most prevalent side effects. Let the doctor know if either of these adverse effects bothers you or become worse. They might advise you on ways to lessen or avoid the adverse effects.
|You Save||₹3.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Suicidal prevention, Tourette Syndrome (a neurodevelopmental condition characterized by repetitive, uncontrolled movements)|
|Side effects||Blank facial expressions, Breast pain or enlargement, Difficulty staying asleep or falling asleep, loss of appetite, Missed periods|
Uses of Haldol 5 MG
- Suicidal prevention
- Tourette Syndrome (a neurodevelopmental condition with repetitive, uncontrolled movements)
Contraindications of Haldol 5 MG
- Haldol 5 mg tablet is contraindicated in the following:
- If a patient has breast cancer
- If there is a decreased level of thyroid hormone
- If the lung function is decreased
- If a person has blood pressure
- If you have a present or history of seizures
- If you have central nervous system depression
- If you suffer from thyrotoxic crisis (increased release of thyroid hormones)
Side effects of Haldol 5 MG
- Blank facial expressions
- Breast pain or enlargement
- Difficulty staying asleep or falling asleep
- Increased sexual desire
- Loss of appetite
- Missed menstrual periods
Precautions and Warnings of Haldol 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- If you are hypersensitive to Haldol 5 mg tablets or any other medicine
- If you are suffering from Parkinson's disease (a nervous system condition that causes problems with movement, muscular control, and equilibrium) or have previously had it
- If you are undergoing surgery, especially dental surgery
Mode of Action of Haldol 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Haldol 5 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration of this medication. Take it all in at once. It should not be chewed, crushed, or broken
- Never consume more than the recommended dosage
- Even if you start feeling better, keep taking medicine. Do not discontinue taking Haldol 5 mg without first consulting your physician
Interactions of Haldol 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Haldol 5 mg Tab should not be taken with antibiotics, such as erythromycin. Combining these medications can adversely affect heart rhythm, specifically QT prolongation.
- Haldol 5 mg Tab should not be taken with some antimanic agents such as lithium. Combining these medications can cause coma and encephalopathy (a disorder of the brain).
- Haldol 5 mg Tab should not be taken with some antiarrhythmic medications such as quinidine. Combining these medications can cause an increase in plasma Haldol levels.
- Haldol 5 mg Tab should not be taken with rifampicin. Combining these medications can cause a decrease in plasma Haldol levels.
Interactions with food items
- Haldol 5 mg Tab should not be taken with coffee and tea. When combined with Haldol 5 mg, both nicotine and caffeine cause significant chemical alterations in postsynaptic density locations.
Storage and disposal of Haldol 5 MG
Dosage of Haldol 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine