Gutclear Bottle Of 200ml Syrup
Gutclear 10 GM/15ML Description
Gutclear syrup is used to treat constipation. It contains lactilol as its main component. It works by allowing water into the intestine making stool soft and easy to pass out from the body. It should
be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Gutclear syrup may cause some side effects such as stomach discomfort, cramps and gas, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor.
Uses of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
- Gutclear syrup is used in the treatment of constipation.
- It is also used to prevent hepatic encephalopathy - a decline in brain function which occurs due to liver disease.
Contraindications of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
- If you are allergic to lactilol or any other ingredients of Gutclear syrup.
- If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction (blockage in your intestine).
- If you are suffering from galactosaemia (a metabolic disorder that affects how the body processes galactose).
Side effects of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
- Stomach discomfort
- Abdominal cramps
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
Other General Warnings
- You develop diarrhoea or watery stools while on treatment with Gutclear syrup.
- You need to undergo electro cauterisation procedures.
- You develop an allergic reaction or side effects after taking this medicine.
- It is not recommended in the case of ileostomy (surgical operation in the ileum).
- Do not use it for a prolonged duration without consulting the doctor.
Mode of Action of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
- Take Gutclear syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Patients should maintain an adequate daily fluid intake.
Interactions of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Gutclear syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking water pills, steroids, antibiotics, antacids, carbenoxolone, amphotericin B, digitalis, neomycin.
Storage and disposal of Gutclear 10 GM/15ML
- Store Gutclear syrup in a cool and dry place.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.