Glyree M2 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glyree M2 Tablets Description
Glyree M2 tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients. Glyree M2 tablet is used to manage blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes
when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it or have type 1 diabetes. Take it in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Along with Glyree M2 tablet, it is beneficial to maintain a healthy lifestyle with exercise and dietary modifications for adequate control of your blood sugar levels.
|You Save||₹21.89 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Glyree M2 Tablets
- Euglim M 2mg TabletBy Bayer Zydus Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 85.0031.45% CHEAPER₹ 8.50/Tablet
- Gluconorm G 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 262.40₹ 223.04₹ 14.87/Tablet
- Carbophage G2 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Merck Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 116.74₹ 99.2320% CHEAPER₹ 9.92/Tablet
- Ozomet G2 Tablets 15'sBy Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.31₹ 41.0677.9% CHEAPER₹ 2.74/Tablet
- Exermet Gm 502mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 174.24₹ 148.1020.4% CHEAPER₹ 9.87/Tablet
- Glucut Mt 2mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.40₹ 58.1453.15% CHEAPER₹ 5.81/Tablet
- Glimy M2 Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 239.25₹ 203.36₹ 13.56/Tablet
- Glador M 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 238.50₹ 202.72₹ 13.51/Tablet
- Xilia M2 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 184.60₹ 156.91₹ 15.69/Tablet
- Metride 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.50₹ 135.5727.1% CHEAPER₹ 9.04/Tablet
Uses of Glyree M2 Tablets
Glyree M2 tablet is used for effective management of blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes patients when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective.
Contraindications of Glyree M2 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride, or any of the ingredients of Glyree M2 tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulfonylureas or other sulfonamides. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have kidney or liver disorders.
- If you are undergoing dialysis.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma or coma.
Side effects of Glyree M2 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Glyree M2 Tablets
Can I take Glyree M2 tablet during pregnancy?
- The use of Glyree M2 tablet during pregnancy is not recommended. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Glyree M2 tablet while breastfeeding?
- Avoid Glyree M2 tablet if you are a breastfeeding mother as the components of this medicine may pass into human breast milk. Consult the doctor before using medication during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glyree M2 tablet?
- There is limited information on the effect of Glyree M2 tablet on driving ability. In case you experience any symptoms of low blood sugar levels like dizziness, drowsiness, vision disturbances, and sweating, stop driving and have sugar/ juice. Avoid consuming sugar-free during such episodes....
Can I consume alcohol with Glyree M2 tablet?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with Glyree M2 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness, or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness, and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting, or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight.
Mode of Action of Glyree M2 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glyree M2 tablet contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients.
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas. Insulin helps to move sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and the production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, thereby reducing blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Glyree M2 Tablets
- Take this medicine as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Preferably take it with meals.
- It would be best if you take it at the same time every day for optimal results.
- Avoid consuming more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Glyree M2 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glyree M2 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements, or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like insulin, pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like captopril), steroids, chloramphenicol, fenfluramine, fenyramidol, medicines to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines to manage depression (fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like coumarins, cyclophosphamide, miconazole, probenecid, antibiotics like clarithromycin, doxycycline, ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, acetazolamide, water pill, phenytoin, rifampicin, medicines for constipation, and medicines for thyroid disorders.
- Medicines like anti-allergics (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine, and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar....
- Medicines like diclofenac, ibuprofen, water pill, and enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid disorders can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Glyree M2 Tablets
- Store Glyree M2 tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Protect it from moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Glyree M2 Tablets
- Overdose of Glyree M2 tablet may lead to severely low blood sugar levels and lactic acidosis. This can result in headaches, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, confusion, and dizziness....
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Glyree M2 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow if I am diabetic?
- A diet should be high in fibre, and low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), and very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, and vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach, and taking a double dose of the medicine.
- If you are taking any other medicines, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of low blood sugar like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness, or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose....
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: What is Glyree M2 used for?
A: Glyree M2 tablet is used for effective management of blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes patients when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective.
Q: Can Glyree M2 be used in type 1 diabetes?
A: No, Glyree M2 tablet is contraindicated for use in type 1 diabetes.
Q: Can I give Glyree M2 to my child?
A: There is limited information on the effect of Glyree M2 tablet in children. This medicine should only be given to your child if it is recommended by your doctor. Do not give this medicine to your child on your own.
Q: What are the symptoms of low blood sugar?
A: Some of the common symptoms of low blood sugar levels (also known as hypoglycemia) include sweating, tiredness, dizziness, shakiness, feeling of hunger, paleness, and becoming easily irritated, tearful, anxious, or moody.
Q: Can I take Glyree M2 daily?
A: Yes, Glyree M2 tablet should be taken daily at the same time every day. You should take this medicine exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
Q: What is the normal range for blood sugar levels?
A: A fasting blood sugar level of 99 mg/dL or lower is considered normal. However, you should always discuss your test results with your doctor for confirmation.
Q: What does Glyree M2 contain?
A: Glyree M2 tablet contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients.
Q: Can I take Glyree M2 if I am taking insulin?
A: The use of insulin is generally not recommended if you are taking Glyree M2 tablet. However, you should always discuss this with your doctor before starting the medicine. Do not self-medicate.
Q: Can Glyree M2 be used in the elderly?
A: Glyree M2 tablet can be used in the elderly only if it is recommended by your doctor. Do not use this medicine on your own.
Q: When to take Glyree M2?
A: Glyree M2 tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by your doctor. It should be taken with meals, preferably with breakfast or the first main meal of the day.
Q: What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
A: Type 1 diabetes is a hereditary disorder and is passed along through the generations. In type 1 diabetes, your immune system targets and kills the insulin-producing cells in your pancreas. Type 2 diabetes develops over time, and is primarily lifestyle-related.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed