Gluformin Xl 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gluformin 500 MG Description
Gluformin Tablet contains Metformin as its active ingredient. It is an oral antidiabetic medicine belonging to the "Biguanide" class. Gluformin Tablet is used to lower the raised blood glucose levels
in the blood when it is not being controlled by diet and exercise. It decreases the absorption of the glucose from the intestine, thus lowering its production from the liver, resulting in increased utilization of the sugar by the body cells. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Gluformin Tablet should not be used in children below 10 years of age. Abrupt stopping of this medicine can result in increased blood sugar level and its complications. You may experience taste disturbance, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea while on this medicine. Mostly the side effects get resolved over a short time. If it worsens, reach out to the nearest clinic or hospital.
- Biciphage Sr 500mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 22.21₹ 17.7734% CHEAPER₹ 1.78/Tablet
- Metform Sr 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.80₹ 20.2325% CHEAPER₹ 2.02/Tablet
- Elcephase Sr 500mg Tablets 10'sBy Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.85₹ 20.2725% CHEAPER₹ 2.03/Tablet
- Gluconorm Sr 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.05₹ 29.7926% CHEAPER₹ 1.99/Tablet
- Metsmall 500mg Strip Of 28 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd28 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.9039% CHEAPER₹ 1.64/Tablet
- Glyciphage Sr 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.55₹ 20.0226% CHEAPER₹ 2.0/Tablet
- Glycomet Sr 500mg Strip Of 20 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.71₹ 40.5525% CHEAPER₹ 2.03/Tablet
- Obimet Sr 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.45₹ 30.1326% CHEAPER₹ 2.01/Tablet
- Bigomet Sr 500mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 17.60₹ 14.9644% CHEAPER₹ 1.5/Tablet
- Xmet Sr 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 33.56₹ 28.5330% CHEAPER₹ 1.9/Tablet
Uses of Gluformin 500 MG
Contraindications of Gluformin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Metformin or any other ingredient of Gluformin Tablet.
- If you have kidney failure.
- If you have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- If you have acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complication such as diabetes ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions such as heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you had unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar level.
Side effects of Gluformin 500 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Gluformin 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have lactic acidosis (acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps, dehydration.
- You have altered kidney function.
- You have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You have planned surgery.
- You have or are going to administered any contrast medium in the body
- Gluformin Tablet should not be used in children below 10 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gluformin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gluformin 500 MG
Interactions of Gluformin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Verapamil, rifampicin, cimetidine, olaparib alter the effectiveness of Gluformin Tablet in the body.
- Diuretics and thiazide, oral contraceptives, isoniazid, corticosteroids, phenytoin, nicotinic acid, calcium channel blockers, thyroid medicines, oestrogen tablets, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptors antagonists, etc. increases blood sugar levels and can cause damage in the kidneys, especially in individuals who are suffering from kidney disorders....
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gluformin 500 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep product out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Gluformin 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is taking Gluformin Tablet alone sufficient for diabetes?
Q: What should I tell the healthcare provider before I start treatment with Gluformin Tablet?
- You must get screened for baseline Vitamin B12 levels, kidney and liver profile. Other factors like weight, body mass index (BMI), baseline blood sugar levels before starting the treatment should be noted....
- You must share all the relevant medical and surgical history, your past and ongoing medicines etc. with your doctor.
Q: What kind of food should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, biryani, naan, fried rice etc.
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
Q: Is it necessary to continue exercising after starting Gluformin Tablet?
Q: Will Gluformin Tablet reduce weight?
Other Products from this Brand
- Gluformin Xl New 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin G 2 Mg New Tablets 15 S
- New Gluformin G 1 Tablets 15 S
- Gluformin Xl New 1 Gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin G 2 Forte New Tablet 15 S
- Gluformin G 1 Mg Forte New Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin G 0 5 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Gluformin Xl 1 Gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin G 2 Forte New Tablet 10 S
- Gluformin 850 Mg Tablet