Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
Gluconorm Sr 1 G Description
Gluconorm Sr Tablet contains Metformin as its active ingredient. It is an oral anti-diabetic medicine belonging to the 'Biguanide' class. Gluconorm Sr Tablet is used to lower the raised blood glucose
levels in the blood when lifestyle changes like dietary modifications are not properly able to control blood glucose levels. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Gluconorm Sr Tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age. Abrupt stopping of this medicine can result in increased blood sugar levels and complications. You may experience taste disturbance, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea while you are on this medicine. Mostly the side effects get resolved over a short period of time. If it worsens, reach out to the nearest clinic or hospital.
Uses of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
Contraindications of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
- If you are allergic to Metformin or any other ingredients of Gluconorm Sr Tablet.
- If you have kidney failure.
- If you have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- If you have an acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions such as heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you had unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar level.
Side effects of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You have lactic acidosis (an acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps, dehydration.
- You have altered kidney function.
- You have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You have or are going to administer any contrast medium in the body.
- Gluconorm Sr Tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
- Gluconorm Sr Tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Gluconorm Sr Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Gluconorm Sr Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like oral contraceptives, antihypertensives (like captopril, verapamil), medicines used for thyroid disorders, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, antacids, anti-tuberculosis medicines such as rifampicin, corticosteroids, etc....
- Caution is advised on the simultaneous use of these medicines during the treatment as it can affect the kidneys especially in individuals who are suffering from kidney disorders.
Storage and disposal of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Gluconorm Sr 1 G
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What care is essential before using Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
Q: What are the effects of Gluconorm Sr Tablet on fertility?
Q: Is it necessary to continue exercising after starting Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
Q: Will Gluconorm Sr Tablet reduce weight?
Q: Can Gluconorm Sr Tablet be stopped if I start feeling improvement in my condition?
Q: I use vitamin B12 supplements. Can I take Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
Q: I experience a sudden drop in my blood sugar levels. Is it due to Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- Gluconorm Sr 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluconorm G 3 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Gluconorm P 15 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Gluconorm Z Xr 60 Tablet 15 S
- Gluconorm Z 80 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Gluconorm G 0 5 Mg Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Gluconorm Vg 2 Mg Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluconorm Sr 850 Mg Tablet
- Gluconorm G Plus 2 Mg Tablet 15 S