Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gluconorm Sr Tablet contains Metformin as its active ingredient. It is an oral anti-diabetic medicine belonging to the 'Biguanide' class. Gluconorm Sr Tablet is used to lower the raised blood glucose levels in the blood when lifestyle changes like dietary modifications are not properly able to control blood glucose levels. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Gluconorm Sr Tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age. Abrupt stopping of this medicine can result in increased blood sugar levels and complications. You may experience taste disturbance, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea while you are on this medicine. Mostly the side effects get resolved over a short period of time. If it worsens, reach out to the nearest clinic or hospital.
Uses of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
Gluconorm Sr Tablet is used to treat Type 2 diabetes mellitus in overweight patients when dietary changes and exercise fail to achieve satisfactory glycaemic control.
Contraindications of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Metformin or any other ingredients of Gluconorm Sr Tablet.
- If you have kidney failure.
- If you have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- If you have an acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions such as heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you had unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar level.
Side effects of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Gluconorm Sr Tablet during pregnancy?
Gluconorm Sr Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy, he might suggest some other alternative.
Can I take Gluconorm Sr Tablet while breastfeeding?
Gluconorm Sr Tablet passes into the breastmilk in very small quantities which might not be harmful to the baby. Metformin should be used with caution while nursing newborn and premature infants.
Can I drive if I have taken Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
Gluconorm Sr Tablet does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness or a decrease in blood sugar level after taking this medicine, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
Alcohol intake should be avoided when taking Gluconorm Sr Tablet as it increases the risk of lactic acidosis (acid-base imbalance).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have lactic acidosis (an acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps, dehydration.
- You have altered kidney function.
- You have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You have or are going to administer any contrast medium in the body.
- Gluconorm Sr Tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Gluconorm Sr Tablet works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, thereby lowering the production of glucose or sugar in the liver and increasing the absorption of sugar by the body cells from the blood.
Directions for Use of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluconorm Sr Tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Gluconorm Sr Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Gluconorm Sr Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like oral contraceptives, antihypertensives (like captopril, verapamil), medicines used for thyroid disorders, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, antacids, anti-tuberculosis medicines such as rifampicin, corticosteroids, etc.read less
- Caution is advised on the simultaneous use of these medicines during the treatment as it can affect the kidneys especially in individuals who are suffering from kidney disorders.
Storage and disposal of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
An overdose of Gluconorm Sr Tablet is associated with lactic acidosis presenting with symptoms of drowsiness, rapid breathing, severe vomiting, diarrhoea, irregular heartbeats. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What care is essential before using Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
A: It is crucial to inform your doctor about all the medicines taken for the disorders of kidneys, heart, liver, lungs, etc. that you may be suffering from before using Gluconorm Sr Tablet. The names of the medicines should be provided correctly to the doctor.
Q: What are the effects of Gluconorm Sr Tablet on fertility?
A: Research studies show that Gluconorm Sr Tablet does not affect the fertility of either gender in mice.
Q: Is it necessary to continue exercising after starting Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
A: Gluconorm Sr Tablet for diabetes or decreasing the sugar level in one's blood is most effective when it is used in combination with regular exercises and a proper diet.
Q: Will Gluconorm Sr Tablet reduce weight?
A: No, Gluconorm Sr Tablet does not reduce weight. It neither increases nor decreases the weight. You should continue to exercise and follow your diet while you are on this medicine.
Q: Can Gluconorm Sr Tablet be stopped if I start feeling improvement in my condition?
A: No, you should never stop taking Gluconorm Sr Tablet without consulting your doctor. Abruptly stopping the medicine can result in a sudden rise in blood glucose levels and cause further harm to the kidney and other organs.
Q: I use vitamin B12 supplements. Can I take Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
A: This medicine can reduce the absorption of vitamin B12. Talk to your doctor about the supplements, other medications and your dietary pattern. He might make changes in the prescription if needed. You might be advised to do a routine vitamin B12 screening.
Q: I experience a sudden drop in my blood sugar levels. Is it due to Gluconorm Sr Tablet?
A: This medicine generally does not cause hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar). However, when given with other antidiabetic medications, you might experience hypoglycaemia.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 11:55 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved