Glador 4mg Tablet
Glador 4 MG Description
Glador Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glimepiride as its active ingredient. It is used for lowering the blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise al
ne are not able to control your blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilises sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar that can further lead to serious health conditions. Glador Tablet it works by increasing the amount of insulin produced in the body and thus lowering elevated blood sugar. Take Glador Tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
- Glimed 4mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.00₹ 81.90₹ 8.19/Tablet
- Glimestar 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 76.80₹ 65.28₹ 6.53/Tablet
- Gp 4mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 155.50₹ 132.17₹ 13.22/Tablet
- Glimy 4mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 178.00₹ 151.30₹ 15.13/Tablet
- Glimisave 4mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 212.63₹ 180.74₹ 12.05/Tablet
- Zoryl 4mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 236.00₹ 200.60₹ 13.37/Tablet
- Glitaray 4mg Tablets 10'sBy Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.80₹ 67.83₹ 6.78/Tablet
- Euglim 4mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Bayer Zydus Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 215.50₹ 183.17₹ 12.21/Tablet
- Glyree 4mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.05₹ 123.88₹ 12.39/Tablet
- Blisto 4mg TabletBy Biocon Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 132.75₹ 114.16₹ 11.42/Tablet
Uses of Glador 4 MG
Contraindications of Glador 4 MG
- If you have an allergy to glimepiride or sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Glador Tablet.
- If you have type1 diabetes.
- If you have the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Glador 4 MG
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Glador 4 MG
- Glador Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving and in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios....
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice....
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Glador 4 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells then use it as fuel for energy. In type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream....
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Glador 4 MG
- Glador Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glador 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glador Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- These medicines along with Glador Tablet can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose levels: fluconazole, aspirin, antidiabetic medicines like metformin, insulin, warfarin, ramipril, lisinopril, allopurinol....
- These medicines can interfere with Glador Tablet and cause an increase in blood glucose: oestrogens, progestogens, diuretics, levothyroxine, rifampicin, glucocorticoids, chlorpromazine.
Storage and disposal of Glador 4 MG
- Store at room temperature in a original package
- Keep our of the reach of childrens and pets
Dosage of Glador 4 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Glador Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Glador Tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Glador Tablet?
- Glimcip tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 May 2021]
- AZULIX Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]