Gitune Sr 150mg Tablet
Gitune Sr 150 MG Description
Gitune Sr Tablet is used to treat various conditions such as indigestion, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite and other symptoms associated with decreased motility of the stomach and inte
stine. It contains itopride as its active ingredient. This medicine acts by increasing the motility of the gut, thus helping reduce these symptoms. Gitune Sr Tablet should not be used by children below 16 years of age and to be used cautiously by elderly patients. Take this medicine as advised by your treating doctor for the suggested duration. It would be better if you take this medicine at a fixed time daily for optimum benefits. This medicine can sometimes cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and headache. However, most of the side effects get resolved on their own over a short duration of time. Discuss with your doctor about all the known medical and medication history, along with certain medications or herbal supplements you are taking currently.
Uses of Gitune Sr 150 MG
Contraindications of Gitune Sr 150 MG
- If you are allergic to itopride or any other ingredient of Gitune Sr Tablet.
- If you have increased motility of stomach and intestine such as obstruction or perforation or bleeding of stomach-intestine.
Side effects of Gitune Sr 150 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gitune Sr 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience a dry mouth, constipation, blurry vision or any other side effects while on this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution by elderly people.
- Gitune Sr Tablet should not be used by children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gitune Sr 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gitune Sr 150 MG
Interactions of Gitune Sr 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Gitune Sr Tablet alters the absorption and delays the effect of other medicines such as digoxin (heart medicine), theophylline (asthma), phenytoin (fits) and methotrexate (immunosuppressive).
- Anticholinergic medicine such as atropine, dicyclomine, cyclopentolate may reduce the action of Gitune Sr Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gitune Sr 150 MG
- Store this medicine below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.