Gestofit 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Gestofit 200 MG Description
Gestofit 200 capsule contains Progesterone as its active ingredient. It is a hormonal medicine used for the treatment of gynaecological disorders associated with inadequate levels of progesterone hor
mone in the body. Progesterone is a female hormone synthesized in the body naturally and plays a key role in regulating the menstrual cycle and maintaining pregnancy. This medicine works by supplying adequate levels of progesterone hormone and imitating its action in the body. It is used for the treatment of disorders related to the female reproductive cycle, infertility, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding. You should take Gestofit 200 capsule with food but at the same time each day to get the optimum benefit. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling well. Complete the entire course of treatment. Inform your doctor about any known medical condition and also if you are currently on any medications. Gestofit 200 capsule can be taken during pregnancy if it is prescribed by your doctor.
Uses of Gestofit 200 MG
- Gestofit 200 capsule is used for the treatment of premenstrual syndrome, absence of menses, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- To support the early phase of pregnancy in women who have experienced vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy and have inadequate or low levels of progesterone.
- For the treatment of infertility, preventing preterm delivery and mood disorder following childbirth.
- Hormone replacement therapy in women having menopause. It is given along with estrogen to post-menopausal women.
- This medicine is also used to support pregnancy and fertility outcomes during assisted reproductive procedures.
Contraindications of Gestofit 200 MG
- If you are allergic to progesterone or any other ingredients of Gestofit 200 capsule.
- If you have or ever had breast cancer.
- If you experience abnormal vaginal bleeding which is not being treated.
- If you recently had a heart attack or stroke.
- If you have a blood clotting disorder such as thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis (clots in blood vessels of legs) and blood clots in the lungs.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Gestofit 200 MG
- Abdominal bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Short menstrual cycle
- Intermittent bleeding or spotting
Precautions and Warnings of Gestofit 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or have a vaginal infection.
- You have epilepsy, migraine, asthma, liver, heart or kidney dysfunction, diabetes, photosensitivity and you are a breastfeeding mother, careful observation is required.
Mode of Action of Gestofit 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gestofit 200 MG
Interactions of Gestofit 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Gestofit 200 capsule works or Gestofit 200 capsule itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take before taking this medicine.
- Especially, if you are taking an antifungal medicine containing ketoconazole inform your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Gestofit 200 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose the unused and expired medicine properly. Do not dispose this medicine in sink or flush.
Dosage of Gestofit 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Gestofit 200 capsule?
- Yes, if you are going to have surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Gestofit 200 capsule as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots....
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography.
Q: How Gestofit 200 capsule should be taken?
Q: What is the use of Gestofit 200 capsule?
Q: Does Gestofit 200 capsule cause weight gain?
Other Products from this Brand
- GESTOFIT SR 200MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GESTOFIT SR 300MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GESTOFIT SR 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GESTOFIT 400MG STRIP OF 10 ORAL/VAGINAL/RECTAL CAPSULES
- GESTOFIT SR 50MG AMPOULE OF 2ML INJECTION
- GESTOFIT 50MG AMPOULE OF 2ML INJECTION
- GESTOFIT 300MG CAPSULE
- GESTOFIT 100MG STRIP OF 10 ORAL/VAGINAL/RECTAL CAPSULES
- GESTOFIT 100MG AMPOULE OF 1ML INJECTION