Gemcimine 200mg Injection
Gemcimine 200 MG Description
Gemcimine 200mg Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of various types of cancer such as ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer and
bladder cancer. It contains gemcitabine as its main component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Gemcimine 200 MG
Contraindications of Gemcimine 200 MG
- If you are allergic to gemcitabine or any of the ingredients of Gemcimine 200mg Injection .
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Gemcimine 200 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection, headache
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Pain, swelling, sores in the mouth
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Gemcimine 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had or still have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You had or are scheduled to have radiation therapy.
- You have been vaccinated recently.
- If you experience headaches along with fits and confusion, contact your doctor.
- You have difficulty breathing or weakness & are pale
- You gain weight, have swelling & shortness of breath.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gemcimine 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gemcimine 200 MG
- Gemcimine 200mg Injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
Interactions of Gemcimine 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Gemcimine 200mg Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor if you are on radiotherapy & about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
Storage and disposal of Gemcimine 200 MG
- Store Gemcimine 200mg Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Gemcimine 200 MG
- This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Gemcimine 200mg Injection ?
Q: What is the use of Gemcimine 200mg Injection ?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Gemcitabine 1000 mg powder for soution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Gemcitabine 1000 mg powder for soution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]