Gabantin 300mg Capsule
Gabantin 300 MG Description
Gabantin 300mg capsule contains Gabapentin as its active ingredient that is mainly used along with other medicines to help control certain types of seizures (fits) and neuropathic pain (pain due to d
amaged nerves). This capsule belongs to the class medicines used to treat brain-related conditions like fits. This capsule helps to relieve neuropathic pain (abnormal painful sensation caused in various body parts due to the inability of the brain to sense external stimuli). Gabapentin in this medicine acts by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain and changing the way the body senses pain signals. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Sudden stopping of this medicine may worsen the underlying condition. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of this medicine. It is recommended that you should take this medicine at the same time every day for better results. Tell your doctor about your health condition before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹32.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Neuropathic pain, seizures|
|Side effects||Dizziness, dry mouth, constipation, flatulelnce|
- Gabanim 300mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Vivier Pharma Private Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 165.00₹ 140.2524.61% CHEAPER₹ 14.03/Capsule
- Baga 300mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 223.24₹ 189.7532.03% CHEAPER₹ 12.65/Capsule
- Laregab 300mg CapsuleBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 191.00₹ 162.3512.74% CHEAPER₹ 16.24/Capsule
- Gabapin 300mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 369.00₹ 313.65₹ 20.91/Capsule
- Gabator 300mg CapsuleBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 229.15₹ 197.07₹ 19.71/Capsule
Uses of Gabantin 300 MG
- As an adjuvant with other medicines for the treatment of partial seizures (unusual electrical activity affects a small area of the brain).
- It is also used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage to nerves).
Contraindications of Gabantin 300 MG
Side effects of Gabantin 300 MG
- A dry mouth
- Impaired coordination
- Viral infection
- Back pain, muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gabantin 300 MG
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Other General Warnings
- You experience behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- You have heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorders.
- You develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine, seek medical help as it can be a sign of pancreatitis.
- You are elderly the risk of getting side effects (like dizziness and sleepiness) are more.
- You experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances.
- This medicine can cause dependence and abuse, talk to your doctor if you have a history of drug abuse.
Mode of Action of Gabantin 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gabantin 300 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals.
Interactions of Gabantin 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Gabantin 300mg capsule works or Gabantin 300mg capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- You may experience breathing difficulties if you are taking medicines called opioids such as hydrocodone and methadone.
- You are taking medicines to treat seizures, fits, anxiety, depression or other neurological problems.
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gabantin 300 MG
- Store this medicine below 30°C protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of if the medicine has passed its expiry date.
Dosage of Gabantin 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Gabantin 300mg capsule?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
Q: I feel dizzy after taking this medicine, is it normal?
- Yes, feeling dizzy and sleepy is a common side effect of this medicine. Thus after taking this medicine do not drive or perform activities that require high mental alertness. To lower the chances of feeling dizzy, get up slowly if you have been sitting or lying down. Please consult your doctor if your side effects become severe....
Q: Can I take more than the recommended dosage of Gabantin 300 mg capsules for better recovery?
Q: Can Gabantin 300mg capsule cause weight gain?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Gabapentin 300 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Gabapentin 300 mg capsules - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Gabator Capsule [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]