Gabamax 200mg Tab (doxis)
By INTRA LIFE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) contains gabapentin as its active ingredient, mainly used along with other medicine to help control certain types of seizures (fits) and neuropathic pain (pain due to damage
d nerves). Gabapentin in this medicine acts by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain and changing the way the body senses pain signals. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Sudden stopping of this medicine may worsen the underlying condition. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of this medicine....
Uses of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
- As an adjuvant with other medicines for the treatment of partial seizures (unusual electrical activity affects a small area of the brain).
- It is also used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage to nerves).
Contraindications of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
If you are allergic to gabapentin or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
- Sleepiness, dizziness
- Dry mouth, constipation, flatulence
- Impaired coordination
- Fatigue, fever
- Viral infection
- Back pain, muscle pain
- Vomiting, nausea
Precautions and Warnings of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
Can I take the Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take the Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) during pregnancy, unless advised by your doctor after assessing the need. Thus, always inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- If needed, this medicine should be used cautiously.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) ?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, after taking this medicine. Thus, if you experience these symptoms avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) ?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine, seek medical help as it can be a sign of pancreatitis.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own.
- You have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder.
- You have any other type of seizures such as absence seizure.
- You are an elderly person.
- You experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are on any opioid painkiller medicine such as morphine.
- You experience behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
How Does It Work?
The exact mechanism of action of gabapentin is uncertain. Yet, according to the anticipated mechanism gabapentin acts on specific receptors in the brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsibl
e for the sensation of pain. It reduces the release of neurotransmitters responsible for the generation of seizures....
Directions for Use of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals.
Interactions of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- You may experience breathing difficulties if you are taking medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone.
- If you are taking medicines to treat seizures, fits, anxiety, depression or other neurological problems.
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
- Store this medicine below 30°C protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis)
Symptoms of an overdose include dizziness, double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, lethargy and mild diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or rea
ch out to your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double
dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) help me with sleep?
A: Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) is not used to treat sleeping disorder.
Q: Can Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a common side effect of the Gabamax 200mg Tab (Doxis) . If this side effect bothers you, talk to your doctor for more information.
Last Updated on: 12 Jun 2021 | 07:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved